• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I love the smell of automotive fluids

Had to put some power steering fluid and oil in my truck. The aroma of the oils was like having an ice cream cone to me. The other three I like is gear oil, diesel fuel and ball joint grease.

A friend of mine told me that I must have gasoline in my blood. I cannot refute that.

8^)

All except gear lube.

I once got an EARful {.} of gear oil.
I swear, when I tilt my head just right, I can still smell it to this day... :oops::oops::oops:

Maybe I'll start a gearhead aroma therapy store.
I remember visiting my Grandfather's farm when I was a kid and walking through the machinery sheds and just smelling the aromas of the various farm machinery. It was wonderful.

Steve:

Make sure to include the aroma of the interior of a '69 Mach 1 in your collection. Every time Diane gets into the Mach she inhales deeply and smiles. It always brings back fond memories of her childhood riding in that car.
For me, there is an old school parts house not too far from here with actual car guys at the counter. I still recall the first time I went there I handed him a plain slip of paper with the part # for a Victor Reinz 390 intake manifold gasket and he asks "Mid rise, 390?". And he's the Mopar guy there !!!! They still have a machine shop in the back. The aroma of machine oil hangs heavy in the air. My kind of place !!!

My entire staff if female. They are always bringing in flower crap lotion.

I keep thinking I need to find some that smells like motor oil.

And how about a oil scented air freshener for the bathroom! Man freshener.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Steve:

Make sure to include the aroma of the interior of a '69 Mach 1 in your collection. Every time Diane gets into the Mach she inhales deeply and smiles. It always brings back fond memories of her childhood riding in that car.
For me, there is an old school parts house not too far from here with actual car guys at the counter. I still recall the first time I went there I handed him a plain slip of paper with the part # for a Victor Reinz 390 intake manifold gasket and he asks "Mid rise, 390?". And he's the Mopar guy there !!!! They still have a machine shop in the back. The aroma of machine oil hangs heavy in the air. My kind of place !!!
Copy!

Back