• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I spy...Mustangs and Fords

Out on the highway in Ohio, headed East.

Serious amount of rust on both Mustangs!!

168d4l4.jpg

and this guy has been the neighborhood for years. Driven for a while then parked for the last at LEAST 5 years. 66 coupe burgendy with black int.

cover_zps3bjkwp4m.jpg

I couldn't get a picture, but at 5:30 pm I saw a 65/6 FB painted in Bullet green on the south bound 101 in SLO CA.

Anyone here own it?

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Been awhile since anyone posted on this thread. While I see a few ponies scattered here and there on a good month, I've refrained from posting about them here because they were pretty "average" sightings. Today...ahhhhhh, today is different and I had to share.

I love visiting a particular warehouse that I deal with for work because they ALWAYS have some cool cars either being imported or exported. We're talking modern high performance, muscle, vintage, antique, you name it. One of the most prominent models that they always have are of course, Mustangs! It'd been several weeks since I had visited and today when I walked in I immediately spotted a super nice '68 GT fastback. Based solely on this I would have included it in my "average sighting" category and not posted. When the business accounting for my being there was concluded I began checking out the cars. The warehouse owner knows what car guy I am and has no problem with me looking them over. In addition to the '68 pony, there was a '55 Crown Vic, a T-Bucket, a bagged and resto mod'd '59 Impala convertible, several Porsches, a '56 T-bird and a '69 Z-28. They were also unloading a '69 AMX. Okay, enough..what about that '68 GT?!

Since it was by the main door it got checked out last. Upon closer inspection I discovered I was in the presence of one VERY rare car! It was an early "S" code 390GT built in San Jose, P/S, AC, Auto, Console, Dark Red Deluxe interior, hood two tone paint (which I almost missed being on a Raven Black car!), and then the biggy...it was not a only a deluxe interior, but a bench seat deluxe interior! According to Kevin Marti's numbers, Ford made a grand total of 255 deluxe interior bench seat fastbacks between all three plants. Of those, only 7(!!!!), were Raven Black with a Red deluxe interior. Sitting before me was one of those 7! I don't know the destination status of it but I'm afraid it was headed overseas. Due to restrictions I couldn't shoot pics in there or I would have (so please don't give me too much grief). I'd love to have taken a few pics, even if just for my personal photo collection! It was certainly a stand out among all of the other cool stuff....if you knew what you were looking at!

Last edited:
I'm guessing you wanted to share all this at that moment but you look around and you're alone. I certainly understand. Thanks for the report.

All I can say is , that the latest model of the mustang is very popular here in Belgium.
Although most of them are equipped with the 2.3 ecoboost engine.
Not much of the V8 here due to high road tax.

We are doing better Bruno.
When the next ship arrives it will bring the total of new RHD Mustangs in OZ to 8000. Not bad for 12 months of sales at a great price.
Its about 80% GT to 20% Ecoboost.

IMG_7377.JPG I am in Germany this week and followed a new GT convertible. I didn't think the GT (V8) would be available overseas but there it was!

View attachment 29203 I am in Germany this week and followed a new GT convertible. I didn't think the GT (V8) would be available overseas but there it was!

Well , the german are off a special breed when it comes to cars.You can see as much V8 as 2.3ecoboost mustangs.
BTW , when are you located at this times in Germany ??

Back