• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I think I'm just the man for the job

Getting desperate for work?

I like my idea in the other forum better. Lots more fun.

I have to say your idea would definitely be more.......appealing. However, I'm laughing my butt off right now and seriously considering contacting this person. "Um sir, I think it got the picture the 47th time you shocked it." "No ma'am, I want to make sure everything is good before I leave. Probably another 2 dozen jolts and it will know. Oh yeah, the hair will grow back."

Underground fence my arse....

I have an "underground fence" surrounding my backyard. The Shephard and the wifes Chihuahua both wear shock collars. The chihuahua got zapped the first couple of times and jumped about 3' in the air. She won't go within 10' of the fence line. The shephard is an idiot and lays down on the "fence". His whole neck starts shaking as if he's hooked up to a defribulator.... but he won't move. He'll just lay there and start scratching his neck. Dumbass dog.

This morning, an unknown to me nextdoor neighbor stopped by to inform me that the shephard had been "playing" with her 3 year old son. By playing, she meant the kid was screaming bloody murder as the dog playfully chased him around their yard. She's a dog person and knew the dog was no threat, but asked if I could keep a tighter rein on him.

When I installed the underground fence last year, the shephard was a puppy, so we got the system designed for small dogs. Off to the pet store for the "big dog" system.... I got it wired up and his new collar on him and then walked outside the fence line. Dumbass started walking towards me, heard the audible warning buzzer go off on his collar and then walked across the fence. He squeeled for about 0.5 seconds before continuing through the fence. I have the collar set onto it's highest setting.

Dammit.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I may have to put him on a run.... either that or figure out a way to zap something more sensitive than his neck.

Do they sell even stronger systems? I really don't want him tied up.

Back