• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I think my car might get in a magazine.

68EFIvert

About a month ago I took the family down to Dairy Queen for a little snack and when we came out I noticed a guy looking over my car. He commented about how much he liked it, not bad coming from a Mopar guy, and asked if he could take some pictures on his cell phone camera. I said go ahead. He then asked if he could forward them to a guy over in Boise, ID that does articles for magazines. I told him go ahead but didn 't expect much to come from it.

A few days later I got a call from the guy in Boise and he got some data about the car. He emailed me this morning and asked if he could fly over the first weekend in Oct for a photoshoot. I get 50-60 professional photos in return. The magazine he is working for is Mustang Enthusiast. I have looked at it maybe 1 time becasue they tend to cater to the newer stuff but the editor is tired of doing articles on 03-04 Cobras and wants a classic that is a bit differernt.

I don't know if it will ever make the cut in the magazine but I am very flattered just to have the opportunity to make it to the editors desk. ;D

Thanks guys. I am not going to get to excited though. At least not until I see it in print at the news stand.

Congrads brother. It is deserving of a photo shoot. After the shoot it takes sometimes half a year to make the stands. I hope its on the cover.

"67 evil eleanor" said:
Congrads brother. It is deserving of a photo shoot. After the shoot it takes sometimes half a year to make the stands. I hope its on the cover.

That's a cover car for sure.

OMG! that is one beautiful Mustang! :notworthy: I could see that on the front page of some well known magazine! I'm excited for you!!!
dne'

"aslan" said:
Hey 68
Not to hijack this post (which I just did! LOL) but what color is your car?
Stan

The color is House of Kolor Kandy Brandywine. It has a silver sealer coat followed by 2 coats of Gold (Galaxy Gold IIRC) then 3 coats of The Kandy Brandywine then 4 coats of clear. It will look different in different light. On overcast days it looks like a bing cherry and when the sun comes out something magical happens IMHO. ;D

Thanks for all the compliments you guys.

Back