• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I wonder about some people with phone etiquette

RustyRed

Ever get one of those wrong numbers where the person is an a-hole?

I was standing in line at Walmart on lunch today. Cell phone rings. I didn't recognize the number but answered anyway against my better judgment.

Pick up and it is some pushy sounding woman who without saying anything else asks, "Where's Karen?" I am thinking who the bleep is this and say excuse me because the connection wasn't the best?

So they ask for Karen or whoever again. This time I simply answered "Oh, she's giving me a bj and will have to call you back later". I figure if you can't dial the correct number for starters and two can't be polite when you dial the wrong number you deserve a smart ass answer. :rofl

Probably one of those people who is too busy on the phone to be bothered with driving and cut me off all the time :bird

I have told many smart ass wrong callers that the person they want just left hand in hand with what they introduced to me as their wife/husband.

I really confuse people because we kept our Az. cell numbers and are now in Fl. I had one call from Az. that said they saw me driving past their house and would pay me back for the problems I caused, cussing the entire time. I asked them what part of Fl. they were in and laughed. When they paused to figure out what I was saying, I told the idiots to check the number they dialed.

I recently was getting calls from the area we lived in in Az. and it was 2am here. The kids would laugh and make smart remarks. This was on weekends. Kids always answered when I called back. I called one weeknight, late for Fl. time and got some irate parent. When I explained the situation, I think the kid was set straight. lol

"RustyRed" said:
I was standing in line at Walmart on lunch today. Cell phone rings....This time I simply answered "Oh, she's giving me a bj and will have to call you back later".

Did you get funny looks from the people around you?

"monkeystash" said:
Did you get funny looks from the people around you?

The lady in line in front of me gave me a strange look so I just told her "someone who was being rude while dialing the wrong number" and she thought it was funny after that.

I dont shop at wally world much, but now that I know thats what that greeter at the front door is for I may shop there more often.

Heard that one on Bob&Tom awhile back, damn near had to pull off the road I was laughing so hard.

I have always heard wal-mart scked but that is bringing it to a whole nother level---what area were you in again---inflatables?--- ""tool" section?--"layaway"??

Back