• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I would end up being arrested for sure

That crap is so stupid. No one has any common sense any more. For sure, someone would have been hurt......

"tarafied1" said:
I fly every week, it sucks!

So what do you do, just send out a few suitcases and keep them flying, and hopefully one will show up at the same place you do.

The airline cannot hold people on the plane, unless there is a customs issue, which there wasn't. Anyone who wants to leave is free to do so. In this case, I'm guessing it was night and the rental car places were closed, otherwise it's just a 70 mile drive to MSP. However, hotel shuttles would have picked up the passengers if needed, otherwise there are cabs. While the situation sucks, the airplane was brought to Rochester for the safety of everyone onboard. Again, yes the situation sucks, but it is very rare when something like this happens, and there is always a small chance that things won't go perfect. That's life.

"AzPete" said:
So what do you do, just send out a few suitcases and keep them flying, and hopefully one will show up at the same place you do.
NEVER, EVER under ANY circumstance, check your luggage! I don't care if I have to do laundry at the hotel because I don't have enough clothes, I always carry by suitcase with me.

Back when you couldn't take any liquids I checked my luggage because I had tooth paste, deodorant, etc. I had a United flight loose my suitcase on a nonstop flight. From then on I told my boss he was buying me toothpaste, etc every week since I couldn't carry it on, it was that or clothes every week!

Back