• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Interior Done. Ready for seats now. Pics

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
Got it all buttoned up this weekend on the inside - looks great! Also did a rebuild/restore of the old heater box too: all new seals, heater core, motor, etc. Got it all installed as well. I wish I would have know before hand that installing the heater box would have been a HELL of a lot easier with the lower dash NOT installed in the car. But I got it to go none the less. :toot

I didn't terminate the heater hoses as the water pump yet because I am going to put some small, 1/4 turn, in-line shut-off valves in the heater hose lines incase there is ever an issue with the heater core. I don't want a water/coolent mess inside.

Seats will go in tonight. And my break pedal and accelerator pedal were back ordered on me, so those still need to be swapped out.

279440.jpg

279441.jpg

279442.jpg

279443.jpg

279444.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very very nice. +1 on the shutoff valve for the heater core. I'll be doing the same as I learned the hard way. The heater core seems to like to blow during acceleration and it sounds like Niagra Falls is playing on your stereo. Ask me how I know. Nothing like bypassing it at midnight in a Jack in the Box parking.

Hey, is that bird or cat poop on your brake pedal?

"blue65coupe" said:
Very very nice. +1 on the shutoff valve for the heater core. I'll be doing the same as I learned the hard way. The heater core seems to like to blow during acceleration and it sounds like Niagra Falls is playing on your stereo. Ask me how I know. Nothing like bypassing it at midnight in a Jack in the Box parking.

Hey, is that bird or cat poop on your brake pedal?

It's a dob of yellow paint. I found it when I removed the old brake pedal pad.

I just have a smaller, black Grant wheel that I'm going to run for now.

I also have a painless RF emmitter & relay system that comes with a nice machined billet pushbutton center that replaces the horn portion of the Grant wheel. I want to install that at some time, but I just don't have any acessories to run via the relays right now. I may do an electric trunk latch at some point and use one of those relays for that, etc, etc. But for now I'll just leave the horn button on.

ahh very subtle. I had the same shifter on my first car. Couldnt wait to get it on the car and then couldnt wait to get it off. I ended up sheering the pin off that holds the shifter lever to the base and it was a real PIA after that.

Lookin good:)

As far as blowing up the heater, make sure you install the proper restrictor heater elbow in the intake. The factory elbows necked down to keep from blowing out the heater core. If you have an aftermarket intake with tall runners, you'll need the tall version of the elbow. I know Glazier's stocks them, but you may be able to get them from other Mustang vendors as well.

I've been winding my 331 with a high-flow water pump up to 6k fairly regularly and my heater core is still leak-free:)

Back