• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Interior quarter trim panel mounting brackets for '67

I am getting ready to weld the mounting brackets for the interior quarter trim panels to the rear floors but i have misplaced the dimensions of where they go. Anyone know the dimensions of where these get mounted?

Sorry, I have been really busy last couple of days / nights and we are supposedly leaving tonight for the weekend as soon as I get home. I might not be able to get this info until late Sunday.

47c1f377-71f2-f015.jpg

47c1f377-720a-4619.jpg

47c1f377-7218-a9f4.jpg

47c1f377-722b-2deb.jpg

47c1f377-7242-58a8.jpg

47c1f377-7255-a97f.jpg

47c1f377-7265-01a4.jpg

47c1f377-7274-3548.jpg

47c1f377-7281-a4b5.jpg

47c1f377-7293-0e88.jpg

47c1f377-72a0-9263.jpg

Let me know if you need more or from a different point. It looks like I will be around all weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! The measurements I am looking for are basically in the last 2 photos you posted. It looks like from the outside rocker panel flange to the bracket it is about 6 7/8" at the front and about 7 1/4" at the back. It also looks like from the inner wheelhouse to the bracket near the rear seat belt mounting hole is about 2 1/2". Can you confirm these measurements?

Oh goodie those pics help prevent me from looking in my archieves for the pics I took.

My only suggestion is to just tack the brackets in and do a seat fit test. Meaning install the rear interior quarter panels, measure the distance between the two panels. Measure the width of the seat. The worst thing you can do is to weld those brackets in too far inward not allowing the rear seat to fold down. Keep in mind, the tolerance is that little narrow shelf which the seat lays down onto.

"cmayna" said:
My only suggestion is to just tack the brackets in and do a seat fit test. Meaning install the rear interior quarter panels, measure the distance between the two panels. Measure the width of the seat. The worst thing you can do is to weld those brackets in too far inward not allowing the rear seat to fold down. Keep in mind, the tolerance is that little narrow shelf which the seat lays down onto.

+1... but go one step further and install the folddown curved panel to insure the panels don't scrape the side of the panels. This is what I did when I converted from coupe to fastback... Also, Better to go favor a wider distance between the bottom braces and shim between the panel and bracket if you need to tuck it in some.

edit... I meant the fold down curved panel... Not sure if that what craig was inferring.

"stangg" said:
+1... but go one step further and install the folddown curved panel to insure the panels don't scrape the side of the panels. This is what I did when I converted from coupe to fastback... Also, Better to go favor a wider distance between the bottom braces and shim between the panel and bracket if you need to tuck it in some.

edit... I meant the fold down curved panel... Not sure if that what craig was inferring.
Yes that is what I meant. Yes, better to favor wider distance and shim as necessary.

Back