• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

It's that time of year again. Stangfix Fantasy Football League

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Like the title states, it's time to get moving on filling out the Stangfix fantasy football league for 2014. As we have done in years past, I plan on running a ten team league on ESPN. Returning players get first dibs at a player slot. Also, as in past renditions, I expect there to be at least a couple open slots for any new players that want to join.
So post a reply here if you want to participate (both returning and potential newbies). Any available slots for newbies will be first come first serve so if you want in HURRY UP and post your interest! I will set a deadline for returning players to commit and after that date any openings go to the new guys. If by some crazy chance we get a surge in interest this year we can always look to expand the league as well.

All I ask is that if you want to play you PLAY. That means you show up to the draft (done online with a date everyone agrees to later) and you roster a full team each week. Every year we seem to have issues with guys fielding partial teams which mucks up the league for all. If you sign up to play make sure you will commit the five minutes each week necessary to field a team. Other than that all are welcome.

One more thing...GO BEARS!

very cool.. would you all be interested in a Pickem Game on here?

What is Pickem?: Pickem is a Sports prediction game. Whether against the spread or straight up, you are tasked with picking the outcome of every game in a given week for an entire season.

GO COWBOYS....
dallas.JPG

Here are some images...
leader.JPG

Manage.JPG

pick.JPG

I'm willing to win at a Pick'em game! :D What site would you use to host it? I'd prefer one that lets picks get made/changed up until kick-off of each individual game.

I'm willing to win at a Pick'em game! :D What site would you use to host it? I'd prefer one that lets picks get made/changed up until kick-off of each individual game.
it will be on our site.. and it will let you pick up until kick-off..

Last edited:
Ok, but we are still going to have the fantasy league? Emilio you need to join us.

fd

Hell yes there will be the fantasy league. And as usual it looks like we will need players. I will be sending out my usual PMs to past players to see if they want in but quite a few have been MIA for a while. Yeah, Sanborn, I'm calling you out.

Hell yes there will be the fantasy league. And as usual it looks like we will need players. I will be sending out my usual PMs to past players to see if they want in but quite a few have been MIA for a while. Yeah, Sanborn, I'm calling you out.
tell me which members are missing and will see if they are lurking..:)

Well, I have sent out a message to last years participants. Once I get word back on who's in and who's out I can get to work rounding up any needed new players. I am holding the first open slot that becomes available for our new boss, Emilio (that is if he wants in). After that it goes by order of response to this thread. So if you haven't joined up before but want to try your hand let me know by posting here. You don't need to have had prior fantasy experience to play. The game we run is the standard basic rule version on ESPN. You don't even have to be a huge NFL fan to have success. Just have to participate each week. I promise you it makes Sundays a lot more interesting!

Got my tickets GO Dallas Cowboys

So sorry to hear. ;)

btw wife is a cowboys fan. She went to training camp in Oxnard last year.

fd

Waiting to hear back from Sanborn, David 67 and the younger Dave. Craig of the Salmon is taking a pass so his slot goes to Emilio. Those other guys have until the end of next week to chime in or their slots will be offered up to any interested new players. I know Sanborn was around within at least the last few months, and I know he always wants in, so I hope he responds. Young Dave may have moved on. No sign of him for quite a while. David is about, just need to hear from him one way or the other.
Anybody reading this thread and interested in playing let me hear from you. Given the number of vacancies pretty sure we will have open slots to fill. Like I have said before, you don't need to be a football zealot to play. The game and rules are very simple. There are also a TON of internet resources out there to help you along. It really is a lot of fun to play and it makes watching football a whole new experience. Plus, {.} bakes cookies for the winners...provided he has time after his laundry and housekeeping duties.

Back