• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I've been "Iked"!

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Yesterday afternoon, at 5:25, the lights went out. We were just about to sit down for a homemade lasagna dinner when the lights flickered and then out. The sky was blue, no wind, no rain, no nothing. Oh well, it's Panama City where the 'lectricity is not the most reliable around. Went outside, and everything was reeeeaaaal quiet like, except for someone riding a lawn mower.

Fast forward to 7PM, lights still out, and decided to call the power company. Can only get an automated message service, and they said 7:45 everything should be fixed. Hmmm. Go outside, and find out that it is only the five houses along our block that is w/o power. Strange. We're all on the same underground line. Call the power company again at 7:55, and now they say "it's under evaluation". Damn. I get the generator out and start it up, so that we can recycle the power to the fridge and freezer. Just as the generator runs out of gas, SWMBO comes out screaming at me that she can smell the CO2 in the house. Huh? The generator is outside on the driveway out in the open, and there are no open windows or anything. She then attempts to power up the CO2 reader, and gives up, as she can't get the battery cover off. I do so, and find a reading of 0 ppm in the house. I go back out to put more gas in the generator, and she's screaming at me not to do so. Don't you know not to pour gas into a hot generator? Huh????? WTF did that come from?

Since the freezer and fridge got recycled, decided to re-do the power at 1AM should be power not come back and set the alarm clock. I then go to bed. Just then, Gulf Power arrives, and in 5 minutes, replaces a fuse in the big box out on the street. Power! Time: 9:40.

Ugh.

Most likely has to do with using the wrong jet dry in the dish washer. lol Glad you are back up and running.

Back