• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

James Dean Festival

DougG69

Anybody planning on going to the James Dean Festival in Fairmount, IN this weekend?

I may check it out Saturday if the car & weather co-operate. Not sure how many StangFixers we have in my neck of the woods. Not many, I'm guessing.

Haven't been over there in quite a while, but there were always loads of nice street rods & muscle cars when I used to go.

Well, since it's just down the road from me I'll see if I can talk the wife into it. We just went to Indy last weekend for the Good guys show, man 2 in a row might be pushing it LOL.

Well, that was a washout.

Rained all afternoon. Here's my view of the action from the garage:

IMG_0917_sm.jpg

Saw a few of the cars drive by my house heading home early after the heavy rain/thunder kicked in. Couple of Chebbies:

IMG_0921_cr.jpg

IMG_0922_cr.jpg

66 Charger:

IMG_0928_cr.jpg

No idea what this is:

IMG_0920_cr.jpg

Too bad Friday's weather couldn't have held on one more day, it was just about perfect. I did get the car out for a bit despite the rain, although I didn't feel like driving 40+ miles round trip in it to slog around in a wet field. Here's the most sun I saw all day:

IMG_0923_cr.jpg

Thanks to cmayna for the wiper arms on my Mach 1. They came in handy today.

Last edited by a moderator:
"mustangstofear" said:
Looks like I didn't miss much.

Nope, not around the big town of Converse anyway.

I'm sure Fairmount was more active early but by the time I tied up a few loose ends on the car, it was too late.

Back