• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

JBA Ceramic Coated Hearders for a 390

Johnny M

I have a set of JBA Ceramic coated headers for sale. I bought these about 18 months ago in the USA and they sat in my workshop until now. I tried to test fit them recently and I have discovered that I have the wrong part. Summit Racing sent me Part# JBA-6656SJS which is for 390 engines only. I am running a 428 so they are no use to me. I have talked with JBA tech support and they told me I could start trying to hack them apart and redrilling holes but to be honest I would rather just take a hit and sell them, then buy the correct ones for my 428.

These are top end headers and will make a nice addition to any mustang running a 390. They also have the bling factor!!!!!!

The JBA website listed the benefits as
  • Prevents leaks caused by warping
    Increased hp/tq, improved exhaust scavenging
    Maximum flow and high RPM efficiency
    Accommodates ported cylinder heads

These items cost $1,099 on summit racing and I am willing to let them go for $575. Shipping to the US is not too bad at $124 and I am willing to pay for half of that. This is for a fully insured service.

And if you are worried about buying from overseas then I am sure that some of the Yahoos on here that know me will vouvh for me.

Here are some pics.

DSC02378.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02392.jpg

ANd here is a pic of how good your motor could look if you bought my headers (and spent another $40K :confu)

DressRehersal2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny, have you contacted summit? They usually have pretty good customer service, and may work with you on an exchange. They helped me out (On a much smaller scale) with a torque converter i had sitting on the shelf for a while that ended up wrong.

"Johnny M" said:
ANd here is a pic of how good your motor could look if you bought my headers (and spent another $40K :confu)

DressRehersal2.jpg
:weas :weas :weas :weas

But are you seriously letting it sit on the oil pan?

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahahah if that was my motor i wouldn't let it sit on the oil pan too....Thats from Richards Supersnake...Beast

I called summit..the best they can offer me is a 15% discount off a new set...It sort of my fault too...I should have checked them when i got them. And i ordered over the phone so i have no solid come back to say i order headers for a 428!!!!

"Johnny M" said:
hahahahah if that was my motor i wouldn't let it sit on the oil pan too....Thats from Richards Supersnake...Beast

OK, that makes more sense. My next question was gonna be about the paint. I didn't think you were that far yet.

Johnny M
If you still have those headers I am verry interested.
I am in the US, Connecticut, east coast
I have a 67 GT S code witht the GT heads sothey should fit for me.
e-mail me if you would please
ponyman67gt@cox.net
thanks mark girouard

Mark,
Bad news for you.. but i sold the headers last week, i forgot to update this thread.

The guy emailed me jsut before the weekend to say he is only running 390 heads and not 390 GT heads. If they dont fit then they will be coming back to me and we can proceed with a sale.

I'll PM you if things change.

Johnny

That's my luck, but thanks for getting back to me.
I believe he is going to have the same issue as you did. In spending alot of time on the FE forum
it is my understanding that those headers and many others will only fit the 14 bolt GT heads.
So don't loose my info.
Maybe my luck will change lol
Mark

Back