• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

&%^%@$% Jeremy!

In my opinion there needs to be something that breaks up the colors. A small graphic or at least a pin stripe. If you do that then I say #1. If you don't want to do a 3rd color I stay stay with a solid and add the Mach 1 stripes.

Sluggo.... Neither one of them really jumps out at me, sorry. Maybe it's the whole "two-tone" thing that I'm not thrilled with.

Well, I gotta be different. I like the bottom one. I like the two tone for sure and I like how the MACH1 stripe tones down the larger side panel.

Midlife...you blind.....?

I'm not sure I like the two-tone either. I do like how the Mach1's had the black on the hood and cowl.

"68EFIvert" said:
In my opinion there needs to be something that breaks up the colors. A small graphic or at least a pin stripe. If you do that then I say #1. If you don't want to do a 3rd color I stay stay with a solid and add the Mach 1 stripes.

If I was to do either I would do the edge of the black like the normal hood black out. I'd leave about 3/4 inch of orange around the periphery then a 1/8 inch stripe 1/4 inch from the edge of the black.

I threw this together in a hurry just for an example. Color is not right and the selection was a bit rough.

"AzPete" said:
Well, I gotta be different. I like the bottom one. I like the two tone for sure and I like how the MACH1 stripe tones down the larger side panel.

Midlife...you blind.....?

+1
Although a nice 69 is not something you see everyday, one that just has a regular paint scheme is, well, alot like any other Mustang.
And with this combo, I think the Mach stripe is desperately needed to break up the side of the car, and helps tie-in the top color.

Heh Heh... Sorry.

But I like the top one better. But I think a different wheel selection will be required.

"Sluggo" said:
If I was to do either I would do the edge of the black like the normal hood black out. I'd leave about 3/4 inch of orange around the periphery then a 1/8 inch stripe 1/4 inch from the edge of the black.

I threw this together in a hurry just for an example. Color is not right and the selection was a bit rough.
That's kinda neat, like the Turlinga Trans-am Mustangs-ish (and +1 on the 03 Mach1 wheels)

Back