• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Jimmy Johns, Subway, or Planet Sub???

BobV

I was inspired by the Five guys post... Which sandwich chain do your prefer and why?

Feel free to add other suggestions too.

--------------------

I LOVE Jimmy Johns. The oldest daughter & I found our first one on a college visit to Drake University 6 years ago - there were NONE in our area then. They've been expanding like crazy in the last few years. I think we're up to eating at 17 different locations now. Make mine a #10 (Hunter's Club), please.

For a hot sub, I do like the Big Kahuna at Jersey Mikes, but the nearest one is 50 miles away...

Planet Sub was OK, but closed within a year. Subway is everywhere, but my last choice.

Never heard of Jimmy Johns or Planet Sub, but out here on the west coast, we have Togo's, which is my favorite. I like Subway's meatball sandwich, though. We also have Quizno's, which didn't impress me.

Frank

I loved the pastrami and cheese and the Philly cheese steak at Famous Sams in Tuscon....the one on 29th street. They closed and it seems the others I tried used a different formula. We tried several thru Az.

Cannot find a good pastrami and cheese here at all..we have found some good Philly cheese steaks here but only at small mom and pop shops. We very rarely eat at a chain place unless the grandkids force us to....

Never heard of Planet Sub. There's a Jimmy Johns near my house I think. I remember laughing at the name of the place. Didn't know it was a sandwich shop. I might have to try it sone day.
Subway I'm not fond of.
Quiznos is so-so.
Schlotzsky's Deli ..seen'em but never eaten there before.
Must Be Heaven has good sandwiches, but kind of pricey.
Jasons Deli, haven't been there in a while but it was ok.

Jimmy John's makes subs so fast, you're finished eating before you make it to the cashier!

I do like Quizno's....on occasion.

I had to work 2 weeks at a time near the Long Island Airport in NY. Let me tell you, those small mom/pop places know how to make a sub sandwich! Best I've ever had, and they beat chain stores badly.

When i was in college, My roommate managed a jimmy johns. That led to some good eating. Man i miss that place. I haven't eaten there in more than 8 years. There aren't any here in pittsburgh and they blow subway and quiznos away.

Never been to a Jimmy Johns or Planet Subs. Togos used to be a favorite, I had one walking distance when I live in San Mateo, 28th and El Camino. Now I like WhichWich and I feed my teenage son Subway. He has them put everything under the sun on a $5 footlong. Good value and keeps him satisfied for about an hour. The kid can eat.

I don't mind Subway; a ham and turkey on wheat with pickles and olives and everything else...mmm!
Jimmy Johns is usually a once a week lunch stop for me, a #1 or #2. Onions on the roast beef and sauce on the ham. Good stuff.
Quiznos is nice, but $$$ and everything about it screams "glorified chain store crap". There is a local deli that makes the best sandwich I've ever had...homemade cibatta, pork roasted in house, swiss, romaine....mmm good.

Blimpie f***ing sucks though. Never again.

Subway and Quiznos are OK - never heard of any of the others. The one I like best around here is Penn Station - East Coast Subs. For a chain they make some really good sandwiches.

Bob I'm with ya on the Jersey Mike's subs. Freshest tastiest subs and salads I've ever had from a sub shop and man do I love them sweet peppers!

Jimmy Johns is the BEST!

I eat there atleast twice a week for lunch. They are also in my office complex and it's a nice walk to it.

:wstup, I dont walk to Jimmy John's, but its close and really good! If I am running an errand at lunch and dont have time to grab something I will have it delivered. They deliver for freee, even if you only order $5 worth of stuff.

"Fast68back" said:
:wstup, I dont walk to Jimmy John's, but its close and really good! If I am running an errand at lunch and dont have time to grab something I will have it delivered. They deliver for freee, even if you only order $5 worth of stuff.

cheap arse, your suppose to tip the guy! :wtf

All this talk about Jimmy Johns... I might have to go try it tonight for dinner. If I become addicted to this sandwich shop, I will blame all of you. :amaz

Never heard of any of those with the exception of Subway. I currently go over to Erik's Deli for a Sangwich fix due to it being located just down the street from the hospital. Sometimes Togos hits the spot during winter time when they are offering their bacon potato soup.

I do my best to avoid eating the stuff here at the hospital. :puke

Back