• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

JME Enterprises gauge packages

I have Julio's gauges in both my cars! He does awesome work!

He custom made my Cobalt gauge cluster for my 65. He put black face gauges upon request from my wife in the 67. He has also made me good deals on many much needed parts when I was building the 67.

Mel

I ordered the JME cluster but could not get it due to availability. Scott Drake is making them now, I ended up with his and it is awesome, and less $$ than the JME. SD also has the glovebox door. I don't know if he bought the JME tooling or not but the products look identical.

Attachments

• 28.JPG
    28.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 98
Here's the JME/Autometer setup I have in Red:

NewBezel.jpg

JMECluster2.jpg

JMECluster1.jpg

"steveh326" said:
I ordered the JME cluster but could not get it due to availability. Scott Drake is making them now, I ended up with his and it is awesome, and less $$ than the JME. SD also has the glovebox door. I don't know if he bought the JME tooling or not but the products look identical.

I don't think they are the same. My blinker light and bright light indicator are different than the ones you picture. They are very close though.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
"steveh326" said:

I don't think they are the same. My blinker light and bright light indicator are different than the ones you picture. They are very close though.

Mel

yep I see that now in the pics. I ordered the JME dash and waited months with no delivery in sight, ended up cancelling after a couple months of waiting and found the scott drake billet version. I guess SD ripped off the JME version, I dunno. I think they are both top of the line units.

I bought one of his for my '68. I couldn't get it to fit into the dash opening. My original went in and out with ease, but his wouldn't fit. I told Julio that it might work with some slight trimming. I asked him if it would be returnable if I did so. He told me it would.

Well, after several more attempts I gave up. I told Julio I just wanted send it back.

He refused! Suddenly, it's a special order item that cannot be returned. WTF!?

We went round and round. He basically said my claim couldn't be true and that I was doing something wrong.

Long story short, I built my own using a guide I found on line, and it worked perfectly. I was able to sell Julio's to someone else at half price (I ate about $700).

Julio is a snake. I would advise anyone to steer clear of his business. He's all nice and charming as long as he thinks you're a potential customer. But, when it's clear you're not, his true colors show.

I bought one of his for my '68. I couldn't get it to fit into the dash opening. My original went in and out with ease, but his wouldn't fit. I told Julio that it might work with some slight trimming. I asked him if it would be returnable if I did so. He told me it would.

Well, after several more attempts I gave up. I told Julio I just wanted send it back.

He refused! Suddenly, it's a special order item that cannot be returned. WTF!?

We went round and round. He basically said my claim couldn't be true and that I was doing something wrong.

Long story short, I built my own using a guide I found on line, and it worked perfectly. I was able to sell Julio's to someone else at half price (I ate about $700).

Julio is a snake. I would advise anyone to steer clear of his business. He's all nice and charming as long as he thinks you're a potential customer. But, when it's clear you're not, his true colors show.

I had trouble getting mine to fit as well, But, I knew I was going to, somewhere along the line a PO of my car had hacked the dashboard to install a stereo. When I had the work done at the body shop I had them install a repair section to fix the mess. This of course changes the shape of the dash since it extends into the cluster opening on one side only. It took a great deal of patience but I managed to get it fit fit to my satisfaction.

I have his in both my cars. My 65 fits well. I have to refit my 67. It never fit very well, but it is not his fault. The old unit which was stock, didn't fit well either!

I just have to spend some time with it.

Mel

Back