• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Johnny M - E-car build tread

Plate wall looks great.

My dad would be happy to see a little piece of his life in Ireland. He had a strong love of Ireland. The plates that say RAH 8 were from his last car before he passed away. It was a Lincoln Mark VIII. The RAH are his initials.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

"RapidRabbit" said:
Plate wall looks great.

My dad would be happy to see a little piece of his life in Ireland. He had a strong love of Ireland. The plates that say RAH 8 were from his last car before he passed away. It was a Lincoln Mark VIII. The RAH are his initials.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Yea, one mistake i made is i should have gotten each of you to sign the plates before sending them. Would've been a cool personal touch. And The RAH plate is more or less in front of my face every time i leave my garage and i often wondered what it stood for…..thanks for letting me know and its an honour to have your dads plate on my wall.

Hey Johnny, why don't you start a new thread and have everyone that sent you a plate include their personal story?

A few random pics.

Got this cool framed pic from my bro for christmas.

My bro also made me a calendar which shows the whole 6 year build through each month. Here are some of the months.

Merino wool wash mitt which needs to be combed regularly....Jenny thinks i have lost it.

Out in the winter sunshine to let her breath and run her up.

The inside of my garage doors from inside the sting.

"ZFORCE" said:
Hey Johnny, why don't you start a new thread and have everyone that sent you a plate include their personal story?
I can't recall all the ones I donated, I think a Kentucky, Indiana and an Illinois. The Illinois plate with the Cardinal is off of the 92 T-Bird my parents bought new. It was my mom's car until she died, then my dad gave it to me and I passed it on to my son. It's currently sitting in my backyard... my mom was a grandma and preferred to be called "Nana" so the T-Bird is affectionately known as the "Nana-Bird" They chose the Cardinal plate because the car is a red Bird.

Your car is AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thum :thum :thum :thum :thum :thum

I forgot to mention, one of the plates I sent you was from my first car......................

It was a camaro!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

I love the build thread and progress Johnny. I can remember watching you start to build this car long before we had one. The calendar from your brother is a nice touch, very cool. Hats off to you- you've done it and done it right! :thum

Ps, where did you find the door to body-jamb rubber grommet/boot? I can't find those anywhere, I think I am looking for the wrong thing?

"82firebird" said:
Ps, where did you find the door to body-jamb rubber grommet/boot? I can't find those anywhere, I think I am looking for the wrong thing?

I looked at buying some new OEM ones from BMW/Ford/etc but the prices were shocking. So I went to a junk yard where they let me pick over the scrap cars myself...I was able to get 4-5 good sets in different lengths and diameters then test fitting while opening and closing the door...unfortunately it's a PITA. If you want I can take a rough measurements of what I used which will save you some time.

It's summer and the stang is back out of hibernation.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398529049.355071.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398529049.355071.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 26
So I got my car back from the mechanic on friday morning. He installed a new carb, tuned it and went bumper to bumper checking my work. He found and fixed a few small problem which would've turned into big problems at some stage. Its amazing the things you notice with a car on a lift as apposed to lying under it on Jack stands.

We had a good turn of weather(70f/20C) and tried to clock up as many miles as possible. I managed about 100 miles and the car behaved very well. The only big problem I still have is heat soak on the starter motor when it is hot. I have FPA ceramic coated long headers, i called FPA and asked which starter will fit with their headers and they said the Powermaster 9406 only. Spent over $500 buying one and guess what!!!!! It doesn't fit. Called FPA to tell them and they said "our other customers said it works" Called Powermaster and they said " :dun"........... :rr

A friend also took some good pictures with a proper camera.

I still have a few small things to sort out. I tried to calibrate the speedo but it seems it is not getting a signal...and finally I need to get the fuel gauge calibrated/working.

I have been asked to drive a friend to his wedding in June so I need to iron out these last few problems.

IMG_0090_zps957093aa.jpg

IMG_0088_zps1ed5a58f.jpg

IMG_0093_zpsa1335ca2.jpg

Johnny,
The car looks great...........but as you would expect me to say, that last pic would look so much better if you had say 4-5 very HOT Irish chicks standing around your car wearing some of Sybil's naughty garments.

Next time? Please?

"cmayna" said:
Johnny,
The car looks great...........but as you would expect me to say, that last pic would look so much better if you had say 4-5 very HOT Irish chicks standing around your car wearing some of Sybil's naughty garments.

Next time? Please?

Craig,
Dont worry, the "linda vaughn" style shoot is on the way.

In the mean time here is more car.
IMG_0102_zps28eaac2f.jpg

IMG_0100_zps61c98a32.jpg

Back