• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

JohnPro-Official StangFix Fender Roller Tool Box update

Not sure who is next in line, but I have it in Fort Worth. Was going to use it last weekend, but it was cold and rainy. Hopefully will get to use it this weekend.

So I happen to own one of these tools......and I am thinking about using it next weekend to help a friend out....however....mine didn't come with instructions. Anyone want to write out some pointers?

"dodgestang" said:
So I happen to own one of these tools......and I am thinking about using it next weekend to help a friend out....however....mine didn't come with instructions. Anyone want to write out some pointers?

It seemed to me that it worked better when you set the tool's wheel at the final angle from the start. The same angle as inside of the outer wheel house. Then take your time and gradually roll it. That also seems to be much easier on the paint on the visible parts of the lip.

I rolled the left side of mine starting at a shallow angle with less than stellar results. I got a couple cracks on the outer part of the lip and even though it was barely visible I decided to repaint the quarter.

I've had replacement stripes on order from the guy that originally cut mine (since Thanksgiving) and I'm about to lose patience with him and blast the shit out of him on every forum I'm part of.

"dodgestang" said:

Hope this helps Nick.

Attachments

• Fender Roller.pdf
    673 KB · Views: 15
It happens to currently be in Johnpro's last home of ever so beautiful Golden State. It has 3 stops here in Calif and then it will be heading east again. I have put your name on the list.

Let's remember to sign the inside after use.

202-080512071403-9844537.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
"lethal289" said:
Wow 5 months between uses.

If your comment is based on 65-408 and SAC69's signature dates, you might be interested in knowing that 5 other members also used this tool between those two dates.

Also, though this tool was previously passed around while Johnpro was still with us, 12 more members have used it since we started this newest program with Z-Force being being kind enough to build the cool metal case.

There is currently another 8 members waiting to use it. It is current either in or preparing to travel to San Francisco, then Redding, CA then SoCal, then headed back east bound via TX and then who knows where.

5 signatures are missing:

SGTjunior
M-Train
dm289
c6fastback
Tt400

I will get a future user to write in the missing names with dates.

I used it very early on in it's life, picked it up from John when it was almost new. Rolled all four wheel wells with it!!

Well it is now in wonderfull San Francisco.

Wasn't the fender roller also supposed to come with a little man to
help you use the tool?? Oh well. I guess he is missing.

He should be in the box somewhere. All you have to do is to inflate him to full working size.

Back