• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Joining "the other" Grabber Orange gang....

Remind me when y'all get hear so I can ride up and do a little sightseeing with ya! :ecit

Poor ole Dave is gonna need some ackyhol to cure what ails him!

Sorry to hear about the speeding ticket Dave. I've never had a ticket for more than 15 over in NC, but have had similar situations where a lawyer "took care of it." I do want to point out that there was some legislation in the last year or so in NC concerning reduced tickets. If you get another one, even though the final offense on your previous may have been "improper equipment", the original charge can be referenced in court. Hopefully we don't have to find out the repercussions of such a thing! I got an "improper equipment" about 5 years ago driving to the OBX one evening.

One weird situation I was in was probably about 8 years ago when I was doing contract work in Bridgeport, CT. I had to fly into Hartford every Monday and then drive to Bridgeport. One Monday morning, I was on my way to work and a cop was parked on the LH side of the road with a radar gun, pointing it at cars. My exit was about 1/2 mile on the right and I was in the far left lane. Had to speed up so I wouldn't miss the exit. Well, I was hit, the cop waved me over. In an instant, had that same "flight" thought, but I pulled over. Didn't help that I had a RED rental car. I ended up having to get a lawyer in Bridgeport as I was required to go to court, I think it was 75 in a 55. The lawyer told me to go get a money order for a couple hundred bucks, the morning of the court date. Told me to make it out to the Red Cross as a charitable donation. Lawyer stepped into the court for me, moseyed his way up to the DA, showed him the donation and the ticket was dropped. Ended up costing me about $500 out of pocket, but nothing on my record.

Ironically, I had a traffic accident in Raleigh around 1989 with my '68 Mustang. Van Halen was pegged on the stereo. Also had some other incident, can't remember if I was caught speeding or something, but VH was also on the stereo. I get superstitious to this day whenever VH is on my car stereo!

Dave,
I only caught this thread now....I hope this Shit Storms blows over for you soon....

It musn't have been the same cop that stopped me just outside your place last year....I was doing similar speed but he let me off...........

Johnny

How in the hell did I miss this thread until now?? I must pull my head out of my butt and check in here more often. Work is getting in the way too much. Dave, sorry about the pain brother. Unfortunately I don't think there's anything I can offer other than PJC if nothing else. I know your lawyer will handle it, but I'll ease the pain with a beer the next time I see ya. Keep it between the ditches.

Back