• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just Bought A Convertible

Laurie S.

Staff member
I just bought a Mustang Jr. I've always wanted one, and just found one on eBay. It's funny, I got Trouble to have something get my mind off of losing my mother. Now I've done the same thing, and it cost $500 more than Trouble! Plus about $400 to ship it. I don't care, I feel happy for the first time in days.

Now the question is, do I restore it as stock or modify it? I do like the color it is now. And, no, I'm not putting stripes on the bottom. :D

Here's a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290265283037

Holy crap! Is that what these things go for? If I had your money, I'd throw mine away!

It does look nice, however. You still need a '68 to complete your collection...

Yep, they're not cheap, but that's a very good price for the gasoline engine model. Just talked with the seller and it's ready to be shipped. He sold it a couple of weeks ago, but the buyer didn't follow through so he relisted it. The fullsize convertible can wait, I have a fastback to finish. Can't wait to have fun with this one!

Not sure what size engine those had but Vangaurd makes an 18 hp twin cylinder that is used in a lot of Cushman scooters as replacements. Seems to be a powerful little beast.

Willl be fun to watch the progress. Still think you will need a bigger truck and trailer now. You won't want to leave anything home from a show.

"AzPete" said:
Not sure what size engine those had but Vangaurd makes an 18 hp twin cylinder that is used in a lot of Cushman scooters as replacements. Seems to be a powerful little beast.

Willl be fun to watch the progress. Still think you will need a bigger truck and trailer now. You won't want to leave anything home from a show.

I checked out the MustangJr website and the top speed is 22 mph. That's not too shabby for a little car like that. My cousin wants me to get a red nose and wig to go with it. :icon_jokercolor:

Back