• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just bought some heads

monkeystash

I just bought a set of used 205cc CNC'd Twisted Wedge heads from Total Engine Airflow. I've only seen pictures, as they are in transit. I should have them by Thursday. I was going to go with AFR 205s, but after a ton of research, these came out ahead. The mid lift flow numbers are superior to the AFRs and the peak numbers are about the same. These will eventually go on the 408 I don't have yet and go into the '65 fastback that is in a million pieces in my garage. Oh well, the deal was too good to pass up, and now I have motivation. And yes, I will be switching to beehive springs. Here are some pictures and flow data:
Flow Data
TW 205
Lift IntakeExhaust
.100" 71 58
.200" 143 114
.300" 221 152
.400" 271 189
.500" 301 220
.550" 308 229
.600" 315 234

53_01_12_08_8_06_04_3.JPG

53_01_12_08_8_06_03_2.JPG

53_01_12_08_8_06_03_1.JPG

53_01_12_08_8_06_03_0.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice!
i had my engine builder spec the heads for me and we went AFR 205s.
i'm sure yours will turn out awesome.

Very nice. Are those 58cc? I've got the street heads and only wished I had the 205's. Next time I blow a head gasket I'll get the bigger cnc heads.

"Mustang Mike" said:
Very nice. Are those 158cc? I've got the street heads and only wished I had the 205's. Next time I blow a head gasket I'll get the bigger cnc heads.

They are 205 cc intake ports and 65cc combustion chambers. Standard Twisted Wedge heads come with 170cc intake ports and 61cc combustion chambers, but after being CNC'd, they come out to 205cc and 65cc, respectively. TFS also sells CNC'd 205 Twisted Wedge through Summit, which are also done by TEA (Total Engine Airflow) however, TEA sells their own version, which I bought that flow slightly better due to an upgrade in the valves and valve job. Here is a link:

http://www.totalengineairflow.com/products/fordhead/tfstw/

Mike, since you already have Twisted Wedge, you can send TEA yours and they will CNC them. I think the prices start at about $500.

Very very nice. ~thu

If I had your money , I'd throw mine away.

"Midlife" said:
If I had your money , I'd throw mine away.

Nah I would burn it!!! Seriously nice looking heads Ryan. That 408 is going to be sweet when it goes together [pat checks his 2015 calender] :jam

Ha, funny guys. You did read they are used heads, right? Pat, 2015 might be about right at my current pace. Just in time for my 40th birthday!

The heads showed up last night via UPS, and I am very pleased. They look just as nice as the pictures. I'm going to run them up to the local machine shop and have them checked over, I'll change the springs, and they will be ready to....................sit some more until I have an engine to bolt them to, and a car ready enough to receive them.

Back