• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just for lethal

A

Anonymous

Here's the result of going into a 90 degree turn way too fast. This is the only pic I can find of this little bit of Ag racing!

I realized there was no way I'd make it and decided to just head off track and keep the car as straight as possible through the grass. Luckily it was just a tad bit wet that day and not soaked. This was my first trip to Heartland Park after moving back to Kansas in 2006.

HPTFarming.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
John, I was very thankful I went off there, had it been almost anywhere else, concrete would have been tested!

Coming out of a fast corner, down the back straight into the slowest corner, couple that with only my second time ever on a track and the first time at HPT. Thankfully I have learned just a tad since then.

"tarafied1" said:
still scary I bet!

First you see $$$ roll in front of your eye's, then your life up to that point. Yea, it's damn scary.

I spun out a Toyota truck one afternoon at Laguna through turn 9 at about 75-80, the world was whizzing by so fast I lost count of how many times I spun around. Lucky I didn't hit anything but it was close. I went from one side of the track to the other and off drivers right about 3ft from the wall. Weee-Haaaa!

I got a lot of stories about that track. I was on the track crew there for almost 5 years. Fun job but a hell of a lot of work. One year we worked for 5 weeks straight with two race weekends during it. On the race weekends we worked from 5:30am to 11:00pm Thurs. - Sun. Then back at 7:am on Mon. to clean up.

Wow Mark, your lucky. The pic is really cool. It almost looks like a painting. Is that the closest you ever came to losing control at a track event?

I did almost the same thing, but it was at Portland Int. Raceway in June of 06. The instructor was very happy I didn't try to make the corner and went straight off.

Both times I had to come in and change my shorts. I'm not cut out for living that close to the edge on a regular basis!!

Well , hope sometime i have the opportunity to drive/race on a racetrack.In a vintage racer.
On a regular base ,I only can drive big mercedesses on the highway at average speed from 55mph till 120-130 mph for testing purposes.Nothing fascinating because at 120mph you can still steer it with one hand.
CL63AMG , S63AMG and SL63AMG.Altough the SL63AMG has a awesome exhaust noise.It gives me the chills.

Back