• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

K Code vert on Fast n Loud

Meyer65

Hi all,

Did anyone catch Mondays episode with the all original poppy red 64.5 k code convertible? I'm wondering what the consensus is on value?

My opinion... The GMG experts aren't so sharp.
Poppy Red paint, door tag shows M-Wimbledon White. White interior with a code 86 (Black) on the tag.

The "value" in this "holy grail" find is that's it's all original, unmolested, & unrestored.
It's none of the above.

The old lady took 'em to the cleaners.

Attachments

• gmg645.JPG
    gmg645.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Of course, she was following the script....the car was nice but the names on the dash dropped the value.

Always like how the shop is either broke and borrowing or all kinds of cash suddenly.

Of course, she was following the script....the car was nice but the names on the dash dropped the value.

Always like how the shop is either broke and borrowing or all kinds of cash suddenly.
Haha yeah it's pretty funny... Clearly scripted but hey it makes for better drama that way. I must admit that show is a guilty pleasure of mine. You're right though... With the royalties alone he must be getting, 60k should be (and I'm sure is) a drop in the bucket.

I didn't notice the Wimbledon White on the door tag though...

Good catch! If it had been a special order custom color like they were claiming, the Color code would have been blank and it would have a 6-digit DSO.

I am ashamed to admit that I fell asleep during that episode. So the VIN on that all original "$60K" Mustang vert wasn't consistent with the present color, huh? How stupid do the folks that put that show on think that the rest of us are? Besides, there are some issues I have with the guy who owns the shop. I think it's because he's an arrogant, drunken turd. Not sure though. Don't want to be judgmental. BTW, I thought a high point in that show was when Richard (?) as snorting tequila with some other hick.

There were several problems with the car. I heard it is up for auction now too. Way under the price his buddy thinks it will sell for.

Here's the auction listing for Auburn auctions:
http://www.worldwide-auctioneers.com/auctions/details.cfm?vehicleID=77&id=35
Obviously a tad under the 200k they were allegedly offered. If you look at the pics you can see where the car was resprayed. Over spray is clearly visible on the inner fenders and on the firewall. The sales documents contained in the .pdf link show it was ordered as Poppy Red, but the door tag says otherwise. I think the last thing similar to this joke was the $7 mil 64 1/2 that was being pushed several years back. I'd definitely get another shop Mustang "expert", and get Dennis a new decoder!

Poppy Red paint, door tag shows M-Wimbledon White. White interior with a code 86 (Black) on the tag.

The "value" in this "holy grail" find is that's it's all original, unmolested, & unrestored.
It's none of the above.

Just a thought.... I looked over all the documentation supplied including the sales order which shows poppy red and arctic white. For chits and giggles I decoded the build date and it shows July 2nd, 1964, which happens to be a Thursday... Assuming Ford gave the workers the 3rd of July as a holiday, it's plausible that the guy punched the data plate wrong and just didn't give a crap that day to bother fixing it.

Or it could be the door off another Mustang. Or the gods may have interceded in the production of this one K code convertible to cause the VIN to be correct and the color and interior codes to be wrong on the door tag. My experience is that the obvious answer, that the car was originally Wimbledon White with a black interior and has been tampered in the interim, is probably correct. Poppy Red with a white interior are much more desirable than the white on black. Is it possible that the other documents that were supplied that show the present color scheme are forged? I have a pal with a 67 390 powered GTA convertible with a beautiful Raven Black exterior and an Ivy Gold luxury interior. The car turns heads wherever it goes because of the striking color combination and the "fact" that it's a GTA. It has every conceivable option including tilt away steering wheel and the tissue dispenser. I also know the guy who built this car for the previous owner out of a red C code vert with a standard black interior. The changes made were an improvement, but the car is still a fake. It's funny because the present owner keeps forgetting it's a clone and talks about how much this rare GTA is worth based on sale prices of other 67 big block GT convertibles at auction. It still has that annoying "C" in the fifth character position on the VIN, however.

It's none of the above.

Just for every one to know, that Car has a fake replacement tag on it And/or the Car is a number transplant. I own 2 64.5 cars one is 5F08U186373 the other unit is 5F08K186xxx and both have 03G July 3rd for the build date. There is also another 5F08D186477 car data tag on the internet with a 03G July 3rd date and a 5F08D185450 Poppy red car with a 02G July 2nd build date. So it would appear that this Fast and Loud Faker tag was made up and someone took a guess at the date. I think that up on closer inspection of the cars sheet-metal assembly plant date and shift code stamps one will see this Fast and Loud car is a total fake it is all in the date and the stampings of the original sheet-metal!

There is no reason to have the fast and loud data tag stamped with an 02G July 2nd date with a 5F08K187120 vin when the factory had already changed the date stamp to from 02G July 2nd to 03G July 3rd some time between unit #185450 and unit #186373 and continued to stamp 03G July 3rd up on subsequent units... Yet Some how Ford went out of their way to change the Date back to 02G for the Fast and Loud Unit #187120? Tis interesting tis it not?

I would surmise some one had a K title and some numbers but no data plate made a data plate guessed the date then found a car to swap it to... Would love to see the assembly line shift and date stamped sheet metal....

Just my .10cents worth.

Last edited:
Back