1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kalifornia is so f'd up

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by 3175375, Mar 29, 2018.

1. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

I left Kalifornia in Dec 2017. I submitted replacement title request on my Mustang in December. I got a piece of mail today stating Kalifornia is suspending my registration on the car.
    I called the DMV today and had to wait over an hour to get a call back. The agent said I have to submit a change of address form for the first step, then request a replacement title.
    She also said that there was no record of me sending in a title replacement form.
    These people are clueless, big government idiots that have no sense of trying to help.
    I will resubmit the paperwork and send everything certified, return receipt.

I am happy to be out but it is not done yet.

2. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

All I had to do in Utah was file a lost title when I got here from CA.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3. Mach1 Driver

Mach1 Driver Active Member

I thought they're seceding from the Union- what difference does it make? Glad I'm out of there too!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  4. Boom

Boom Active Member

I saw where they ruled coffee has to have a label now for potentially causing cancer. What a place....

5. 3175375

Another reason I got the hell out.

6. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

I heard they are trying to split California into 3 separate States now. 2574901_1280x720.jpeg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

tarafied1 likes this.
  7. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

You guys are just jealous because we are so far advanced from the rest of the nation and have a Governor and Legislature that knows what is best for us so we don't have to do the thinking!

FordDude and tarafied1 like this.
  8. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

yeah, that's it...

9. David67

David67 Active Member

My family is here in this state and I think that's the only reason we didn't move somewhere out of state.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

Exactly....if it wasn't for my wife's and my ageing parents, we would be gone!

11. 3175375

St
    Still wrestling with these Dicktards, 7 months later. I send all correspondence via certified / return receipt. CA sucks!

12. 3175375

You just made me puke a bit.

13. Mach1 Driver

Yeah they want open borders, gave it sanctuary cites, even sanctuary state status all in an effort to lure in more illegals/uninformed voters so they can save the dying Democratic party. Jeez what a mess. Build the wall and stop the insanity.

FordDude likes this.
  14. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

And keep hiking one tax after another. The statistics of the populous moving out is pretty telling. Collapse can't be far away. Same in my POS state of residence. My city of Naperville had for well over a decade been recognized as a top 10 type place in the country not so long ago. Now it leads IL in areas with people fleeing. Successful middle class people are done with it. Imagine having to pay $1200 a month or more in just property tax for a home you own. And after this next election ALL parties say they will be raising taxes AGAIN. Always to solution here to tax more so they can spend more. If not for the liberal Democrat government fiasco that has KILLED the state in both economic and societal ways it would still be a terrific place to live. Now its too late.

Too depressing. Heading out to the garage...

15. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

All this gloom and doom. LOL.

“Families with kids and those with only a high school education predominate among those moving from California to its top destination states (Texas, Arizona, and Nevada),” the report found.

By contrast, those moving into the state most frequently were older than 65 (though certain states provided large numbers of 18- to 35-year-olds), well-educated (graduate degree or higher) and wealthier ($110,000 a year or more).

“College-educated 18- to 35-year-olds led the way among those moving to California from its top feeder states (New York, Illinois and New Jersey),” the report said.

Despite the population deficit, California remains the most populous state in the union, and the loss recorded “is low in historical terms.”

So California is losing people, but not as many people as it used to lose.

“Net out-migration from 1990 to 2006 was, on average, more than double what it was in the most recent 10 years,” the report found.

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/state/california/article201896909.html

16. Horseplay

Research more. The younger crowd coming in (as specified) are predominately in the tech field and landing in those specific regional areas. Having the largest influx being persons north of 65 is not a good thing. They may be educated and more wealthy (older always is) but they are not what an economy needs to grow. Retirees don't drive an economy. It takes youth and new jobs. Good jobs. The funny thing that article fails to identify is where that majority of new residents originate. It's not from some enclave of middle-class America. Think further south, very low income and Hispanic. Replacing white middle class with masses of illegal immigrants is not a very good recipe for the future.

California is simply fortunate that there is so much money in the tech industry that young (still liberal leaning) persons are willing to pay the price in exchange for the climate. As they age, start their own businesses they wise up. Listen to the guys here who LIVE in California. They see all this firsthand.

17. Mach1 Driver

I had lived in California all my life until I retired and decided to move. Georgia is 27% less expensive to live in, plus I bought a house 68% larger on 1.5 acres instead of a postage stamp size lot, with woods on one side and a stream on the other for half of what I sold the California home for. It has a 2 car garage on the main level and a 2-1/2 car garage in the basement. Taxes are about $1300. I do miss the weather, its much colder here and snowed three times last winter. Don't move here and screw it up!

guruatbol likes this.
  18. Horseplay

jims6t6 likes this.
  19. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

The Mercury News is out of San Jose, so typically has a liberal bent. Given that even they didn’t put a positive spin on the situation.

Yes California is a great state. Hard to beat our weather, our opportunities, and our diversity. The fact remains that our legislators are running businesses out in droves. Those manufacturing businesses that can pick up and move either have or will. Those of us that can’t take our business and run are stuck dealing with a toxic business environment. Fees (aka taxes) continue to pile on us. Mandated minimum wage hikes causes everything to go up in price. California labor laws make it almost impossible to justify doing business here.

This year a tax bill has been floating around Sacramento in where any company with a greater that $100,000 annual net income will see their business tax raise from 8% to 18%. How many businesses can afford to lose another 10% of their income to the state.

bad news for the rest of you....our ever loving state has decided in their ultimate wisdom that we need to pour more of our valuable water out of our reservoirs and into our rivers to save some fish. Sure sounds good, right. Except it takes the water from the farmers that not only feed California and a good part of the country but also the world.

Good people and jobs are leaving. Tech jobs are strong, for now. Sure those will never crash again....right?

Hell, San Francisco just placed the poverty line at $115,000 annual income!