• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats Project

I would use the scooped with no vents hood but I am not an "E" car fan. Is the scooped one available for the '66....it shows a '67 application.

Is the scooped one available for the '66....it shows a '67 application.

Rich said "The two we will be offering are the movie correct, which is now on our website and the 67 style which is also there."

To me, that sounds like it. :shrug

Sounds good....now better get to work on hubby for that money..... :roll Sounds like you should have it ordered in a few days....

LOL I already pushed my luck spending his money on the e-nose yesterday and then drove an hour down to Steves Mustangs and bought more goodies. :hide

Picked up some horns, and they had a used spring and horn kit. So now I have everything to put the steering wheel back on and have working horns. :thu

horns.jpg

"silverblueBP" said:
Sweet, you did find the spring!!

Yup! We pulled if off another steering wheel they had in the back. Paid $5 for the spring and the other chrome piece that has a new horn contact kit inside of it. I also got the horns for $30 each. Got a helluva deal if I do say so. :yah

I was really close last night to taking a big sledge hammer to Gertrude. I installed the steering column and hooked up the wiring from the column. Then I put on the wheel, but since I didn't have a 1/2" torque wrench I wasn't able to tighten the retaining nut so I only hand tightened it so I wouldn't lose it. Today I'm gonna go borrow a friends torque wrench and tightened it down properly.

Anyway, after a few unpleasant words trying to get all that back together, I decided to test the turn signals again and see if I could get them to cancel. I flip the battery on, turn the key on, click the turn signal lever and NO turn signals! :rant

Oh no... no no no. Seriously?! UGH!! So I start checking over things like the wiring and all was fine. Still no signals. I had one of those moments... I starting ranting and screaming at Gert (it was a stressful day LOL) and started hitting the column.

Oh look.. the turn signals worked again! Unfortunately, they don't cancel. They didn't cancel before either and you had to manually turn them off when making a turn. So guess turn signal switch is bad or something. I don't know. I don't care. I am not taking that stuff apart again. I can live with having to turn them off manually! Not worth my sanity messing with that stuff again. Not right now. Maybe later in the future.

Got one problem solved, so on to the next little task. I removed the dash cluster and installed the ammeter Midlife sent me. Then I realized I hate the dull stock lights on the instruments and walked inside and ordered some Blue LEDs for it instead. :thu

Cancellation of turn signals requires either pins (Grant) or a special ring that goes on the back of a Ford wheel. My guess is that special ring is not there; and...they are not reproduced! If it is there, it's possible that because your steering wheel is not tightened down, the cancelling ring is simply not engaging the turn signal switch itself.

I took my entire column and the steering wheels and every little piece I had with me to the mustang shop so he could look to see what pieces I need. It should all be there. Oh well. Like I said, I don't care if they don't cancel. LOL I'm just happy they turn on!

Windshield in! :pbj

GlassInstalled.jpg

I'll get a picture of the wheel and dash next week after I install the LED instrument lights I ordered last night. :roll

on the 67/68, there is a pin on the TS switch and it lines up with a groove in the steering wheel. If that part with the pin in it doesn't turn with the wheel the cancel feature won't work. I don't know what a 65/66 looks like...
72_13_02_09_8_35_52.jpg

72_13_02_09_8_35_08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my steering wheel is on now. I can't get it to come off ...no puller to get it back off lol BUT I do have a picture of what I have...

Yours has more stuff inside than mine? :shrug

2-1.jpg

The 66 is different from the 67. There should be a ring snapped onto the under side of the steering wheel that contacts those two white fingers to cancel the signals. Must get wheel off to see the issue.

Can be seen here.
DSC08532.jpg

If it's that orange thing, then yes the wheel had it but I don't recall it being orange. Think it was black or white.

Back