• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats Project

Taking the diffusers out can't hurt and they aren't needed if you have colored LEDs. Don't be misled by the term super bright as regular LEDs are not that bright to begin with...as you can see.

"classicdoug" said:
Be careful Kat. Texas law says that you can't have more than 4 front facing lights turned on at the same time.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... TN.547.htm

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

Sec. 547.302. DUTY TO DISPLAY LIGHTS.
(a) A vehicle shall display each lighted lamp and illuminating device required by this chapter to be on the vehicle:

(1) at nighttime; and

(2) when light is insufficient or atmospheric conditions are unfavorable so that a person or vehicle on the highway is not clearly discernible at a distance of 1,000 feet ahead.

(b) A signaling device, including a stoplamp or a turn signal lamp, shall be lighted as prescribed by this chapter.

(c) At least one lighted lamp shall be displayed on each side of the front of a motor vehicle.

(d) Not more than four of the following may be lighted at one time on the front of a motor vehicle:

(1) a headlamp required by this chapter; or

(2) a lamp, including an auxiliary lamp or spotlamp, that projects a beam with an intensity brighter than 300 candlepower.

so if I keep the inboard lights less than 300 c/p ... I can run those, fogs, and the headlights? :confu

"mustangstofear" said:
Federal law prohibits your fog lights and high beam on at the same time. Even the harness are set up that way.

My '03 GT has fog lights now and we did a little modding so they stay on now when high beams are on. :roll I'm not worried about it though since I rarely ever use my high beams.

Seats installed properly with seat tracks! :thu

Seats.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
d036539e-0930-26f2.jpg

Dropping old Gertie off for another alignment tweak. Toe in needs some adjusting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been awhile since I've updated this. As of I right now, she still the same. Haven't done anything to her. I did buy new front fenders about 6 months ago as well as a good air compressor and DA sander. I haven't put fenders on her on yet or started sanding her down. I want to get all the body pieces first so I've been saving to buy all the pieces I need for my e-coupe. I bought MTF nose a couple years ago and earlier this week....I had my husband order the hood and the lights for the nose from MTF! Took me long enough. :) Now all I need is the deck lid and caps and I'm still debating on fenders flares for the rear to give her a bigger looking booty. She might resemble a decent looking mustang by the end of the year. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good hearing from you again. Keep it up. Need to see some pics of that MTF nose!

BTW: I will be at the Houston Coffee and Cars, Hope to see y'all there if possible.

The nose piece I posted a few pages ago. It's so awesome! :)

I saw the coffee and cars post. I might have to see if I can't get a group of friends to go out there. Sounds like fun.

I still have to clean out the garage to be able to work on Gertrude. Sad we bought this house May 2013 and still haven't gone through the garage. :(

Back