• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Let's see your "Mustang" work area..aka garage pics

Kat, I'd throw that air hockey table on CL before Xmas comes, some cash is better than the space it's taking up, speaking of which, why are you keeping a cracked windshield? Either make a coffee table out of it or will they take it at a glass recycling station? maybe call an installer and ask what they do with theirs?
I'll have to get a pic up of my mess...
Jon

Air Hockey table belongs to my brother in law. Can't sell it. Reason we have it is because after his divorce, he moved into a smaller house and had no room for it and when we first got it, we had a game room upstairs at the old house. My kids played with for a few weeks then got bored with it.

"well ya see, I moved it out to the driveway to work on the car and the darn thing got stolen!" :roll

Heres my "garage". I have all my parts to the left of my parents garage and all the car work is done on the gravel driveway. I have a custom plywood floor though.

Attachments

• 5-1-11 Stang4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 5-1-11 Stang.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 24
Here's my mess, simple 2 car garage, I cleared it out enough to get the wifes in when there was a threat of hail recently. Once the car is done I plan to make it up man cave style, paint, flooring, etc. and keep it cleaner hopefully....

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

Trying to decide if I should run some T8 florescent ceiling lights 2 rows front to back on the L/R or 2 rows, one in front under open garage door and one row to the rear half? I've been working with 2 100W florescent floods and a 100W in the garage door opener light.

IMG_1802.jpg

Jon

"Jonk67" said:
Trying to decide if I should run some T8 florescent ceiling lights 2 rows front to back on the L/R or 2 rows, one in front under open garage door and one row to the rear half? I've been working with 2 100W florescent floods and a 100W in the garage door opener light.
Jon

well, you saw what mine is like with the new T8 lights.... :thu

That's what got me motivated Steve, I also came across close out T8 bulbs at Lowe's for $1ea. so I picked up 8 without even having fixtures yet! :wtf

Trying to decide if I'll get more light running them one direction or the other. The more i think of it I guess left to right would be better since the cars go front - back. If I put them the same direction as the cars are parked most of the light will be on the roof? So L/R will throw more side light?
Jon

"Jonk67" said:
That's what got me motivated Steve, I also came across close out T8 bulbs at Lowe's for $1ea. so I picked up 8 without even having fixtures yet! :wtf

Trying to decide if I'll get more light running them one direction or the other. The more i think of it I guess left to right would be better since the cars go front - back. If I put them the same direction as the cars are parked most of the light will be on the roof? So L/R will throw more side light?
Jon

Have a chat with Jeremy. He helped me put together my lighting plan. 21 2 x 4' T8 Fixtures (42 bulbs total). There is so much light I rarely need a drop light when working UNDER the car. I love it. Put them on 3 switches so I don't have to have them all on if not needed.

"abrahamfh" said:
Nice, I like it. Ohio State? Really? I'm just messing, is that paint booth in your garage?

it's the third bay of a three car detached. i had put the temp wall up for painting, but i'm probably going to keep it permanently. it keeps all the dust and crazyness from the rest of the garage away from the car.

go bucks!

"Shaun" said:
Have a chat with Jeremy. He helped me put together my lighting plan. 21 2 x 4' T8 Fixtures (42 bulbs total). There is so much light I rarely need a drop light when working UNDER the car. I love it. Put them on 3 switches so I don't have to have them all on if not needed.

you've got me beat. i have 20 4' X 2 T8's in a 24X32 garage.

I have 32 8' T12's, all 75 watts in a 32x30' garage. Us blue-hairs need more light...

"Midlife" said:
I have 32 8' T12's, all 75 watts in a 32x30' garage. Us blue-hairs need more light...

:wth

OMG... talk about old & inefficient! Energy sucking magnetic ballasts! Can you still easily find 8' T12 lamp Mid?

Almost all fixtures now are tandem 4' lamps - either T8 or the preferred T5 technology with electronic ballasts.

Your (1) 75 watt (not to mention the ballast factor) T12 is good for 12,000 hours & 6500 Lumens. You could change to (2) 32W T8 [64 watts] and get 6200 lumens and a lamp life of 20,000 hours. Almost double life at basically the same output and less cost.

Something to think about if those lights burn a lot.

Those lights are easily found at Lowes and HD. Replacing all of the fixtures or ballasts would not be worth it, particularly since I rarely fire up all of the lights. They are on five banks of switches; I usually use one bank of 8 bulbs. I just went through one box of 10 bulbs in about 9 years...

The new box I got is 4500 lumens and rated at 16k hours of life.

"Shaun" said:

26 2x4' T8s in a 26x32 garage, it has the same illumination recommended as task lighting for small detail work. I love it. Unfortunately, the floor is plain concrete, so I still need a trouble light for under the cars. T8s are the way to go IMO.

I currently have 6 - 200w bulbs in the 12' ceiling.

Will the T8's work OK in a very cold garage? Electrically, can I replace each light socket with a duplex outlet and then run 12 T8 units? The lights are currently on a 20 amp breaker and I rarely leave them on very long due to the draw. I have really good light during the day with 4 windows, white walls and ceiling and a dbl garage door.

We sold our house about a month ago so we could build a bigger garage, I mean a new house. The first pic is our rental's garage. The second is what will be my garage.
43a8e44d-fb92-0151.jpg

43a8e44d-fbc7-2604.jpg

Darrell , alot of space i can see. :thu :thu
Make sure you can put a 2 or 4 post lift in it. :roll :roll
At least a 12ft high sealing is a must to have all the benefits of it. :stu

The garage will be 31'x43' and the ceiling will be a smidge over 12'. A 2 post lift is in the plan. Maybe not right away but should be in there within the first year. :yah

"68EFIvert" said:
The garage will be 31'x43' and the ceiling will be a smidge over 12'. A 2 post lift is in the plan. Maybe not right away but should be in there within the first year. :yah

If you live where it's cold I strongly recommend looking into radiant heat in the slab, at least the PEX and insulation under the slab for now. It does not need to be super expensive and can be a great DIY.

Back