• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

License plate paint

What type of paint do they use on license plates? I bought a never used set of '68 plates, the tops plate has a few nicks that I would like to touch up. I bought some model paint from the local hobby lobby, but the colors dont look quite right. The plates are black and white.

It's some sort of reflective paint. I have no clue where you would find something similar.

Try contacting one of the license plate restoration sites. That would be the only place unless your state has them made at the local lock-up.

"Sluggo" said:
It's some sort of reflective paint. I have no clue where you would find something similar.

I know its not the answer your looking for but it a great alternitive to beat up over priced plates in need of restoration.

http://www.licenseplates.tv/

I ordered a set of Black California plates with my current White plates numbers. The only person who knows they are a knock off is my self.

"rst08tierney" said:
I ordered a set of Black California plates with my current White plates numbers. The only person who knows they are a knock off is my self.

You mean like these: :naug

IMG_0160Small.jpg

Back