• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Lokar Emergency/Parking brake install?

I'm not able to get a solid "bite" on my parking brake. As I'm moving forward with my T-5 install, I'm wanting to get my car to not be able to roll when I engage my parking brake. Are there some adjustments I need to do? I want to use a center console, so the trans tunnel mount e-brake is not going to fit. Anyone using the Lokar foot pedal assembly for theirs?

This is for my '67 notch back with manual drums on all 4 corners.

Thanks!

I'm curious what feedback you get also. I'm converting my 67 to a TKO and currently have no parking brake hooked up. I have the Versailles 9" with disc brakes which I understand really need a lot of leverage to engage. I'm actually contemplating an electric parking brake.

The stock e-brake is not your best option as it has it's faults. A center style handle affords much greater leverage and can be incorporated into a center console design rather easily. Craig's idea of an electric system is another very simply option but it can get pricey for what it is. I used a piece out of a Foxbody to go center hump with mine using a Wilwood set-up that has the e-brakes integral to the rear disc rotor hubs. Works great.

I have no idea where you are with budget monies for your project but MTF can build you a custom console that could incorporate a handle I would think. They might even steer you to a brake set-up or give you some pointers at least. That is if you didn't want to make your own. Just a thought.

Oh man, I'd love to get one of the MTF consoles, but considering the wife glared me down when I came home with the used T5, I don't know if I can sneak a $1k console past her.
I'm contemplating making one, but I'll likely just go off the shelf TMI or something simple. I still have disc front brakes, TCP steering rack and a stereo to finish, so I've got to budget wisely.

Back