• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

london broil

SELLERSRODSHOP

anybody have any good recipes for London broil? looks like a damn nice slab of meat & am wondering what one would turn out like on the grill.

It's like a flank steak. Marinate it for a while and grill it hot and fast or pan sear. Only a couple minutes per side. Cook it too long, and it'll be leather.
Can't help with a recipe though.

may try grilling one after soaking in my own special formula (jim beam + a few other ingredients) overnight & see how that turns out.

Here you go. Marinate for at least 24 hours and pound the meat prior

1/3 cup minced shallots
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh thyme
Big dash hot sauce
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
Cress, for garnish
Directions
Mix shallots, soy sauce, olive oil, thyme, hot sauce and lemon juice together in a non-reactive broiling pan. Score the steak, place it in the pan and turn in the marinade. Marinate for 24 hours refrigerated. If refrigerated, turn the steak in the marinade occasionally. Drain off marinade and put into a saucepan. Place steak under broiler at 1 inch from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for rare, for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium. Leave the broiler door slightly ajar, so the heat stays on and air circulates. BBQ I find it to be nicer cut on a low and slow grill as oppose to the hot and sear one. Meanwhile bring marinade to the boil. Remove from heat. Carve the meat in thin diagonal slices across the grain. Arrange the slices on a warm platter. Pour the carving juices and the marinade over the meat. Decorate with cress

sounds similar to my marinade, only I use a pint of jim beam instead of the hot sauce (I cant stomach the sour taste in hot sauce) & add a little bit of teriyaki. odd that on the grill it works better low & slow vs. hot & fast.

On my weber I find a indirect cooking method works best. At the end I fininsh it up by searing it directly over high heat. This is after it is marinate.

Back