• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Look what Sluggo did this weekend.......

Randy came up to big D this weekend and helped me cut about a year off my rebuild time. If I would have been better organized we could have gotten more done.

Randy showed his mad paintin skills and sprayed some aluminum paint on the bellhousing, it came out pretty damn sweet. Here's the 347 sitting on the POS lift I rented, It didnt have a chain or leveler so we ended up setting the motor in and then put in the bell and trans.
2_05_10_08_4_46_28_0.JPG

Engine in and in place
2_05_10_08_4_46_28_3.JPG

2_05_10_08_4_46_28_2.JPG

2_05_10_08_4_47_58_0.JPG

The pulleys are on along with the Alternator and the unisteer powersteering pump.

I cant thank Sluggo enough for his help and takin all that crap outta my garage and back to Houston with him! :notworthy: :notworthy:
2_05_10_08_4_47_59_3.JPG

Rick did all the work. Sluggo just smoked cigs, drank diet DP, and handed out orders.

OMG, what a beautiful motor! :notworthy: (if motors can be considered beautiful?)
dne'

Thank you, I was almost embarrased to post that last picture, you can see all the dust that has collected.....

Is that Sluggo's arms holding down the passengers inner fenders in the 3rd pic? Looking at the first pic I was wondering how you could tilt the assembly steep enough without a leveler. Then you answered my question.

Nice pics Rick.

You mean the arm with the smoke attached to the end of it? Yeah, thats him. He told me last time he was up here he was gonna quit, dude got no will power, his vice is smokes and mine is women......whatcha gonna do.....

Thanks Craig

Yeah, what is it about DDP? They must put crack or something in it. I can't get enough of that stuff. I easily go through a case a week of DDP.

My beer consumption level is suffering because of it too... :wtf2

But my body thanks me :jam

"70_Fastback" said:
Yeah, what is it about DDP? They must put crack or something in it. I can't get enough of that stuff. I easily go through a case a week of DDP.

DDP and Mustangs....hmmmmmm.....

"Sluggo" said:
"70_Fastback" said:

DDP and Mustangs....hmmmmmm.....

Is that a good "hmmmmmm" - or a bad "hmmmmmm" ... ?

Finally. More people that have the same addiction....Dr.Pepper. I can go through at a case a day easy. My kidneys and my dentist are thanking me.

"Jamie aka Bondo_68" said:
Finally. More people that have the same addiction....Dr.Pepper. I can go through at a case a day easy. My kidneys and my dentist are thanking me.

Sluggo says its only diet, but I found a couple cans of the regular stuff stashed in his wifes car, he had some lame a$$ excuse about the vending machine giving the wrong stuff or something. He probably had a smoke in his hand and burnt his hand while attempting to push the DDP button and hit the DP button by mistake.

"Jamie aka Bondo_68" said:

I hope you're doing the diet stuff. That's a lot of sugar and calories.

BTW, Rick you may not know this but me and Jeremy do: If you are a DDP addict, drinking a regular DP tastes nasty and turns your stomach. Once you've
made the switch there is no going back. Regular DP is only for dire situations.

I agree that DDP is much better than DP, one of the few exceptions to the rules.

When I was young, my mother prevented me from drinking DP. She said it is made with prune juice, and was bad for you (WTF?). When I finally was old enough to go to a store on my bike and had some change with me, I immediately bought my first DP in a bottle. OMG: it was love at first sip!

Back