• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Lost all interior gauges and more.

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Lost all interior gauges and more.

I was driving and checking out the alternator I had just polished and installed. My AC quit so I headed home. I noticed that all my gauges were not reading. The mini tach, turn signals, is not working and the voltage gauge (hooked up to the red acc. plug is not working.

I have stock wiring but a painless fusebox. I put my old alternator back in but the problem still exists. I could not find any blown fuses.

Where should I check next?

"6t6red" said:
Could it be that your new ignition switch went out? Just guessing.
That was it. I had a switch that I had for sale. Tried it and now all the gauges work. Glad I had not already sold it.

Still fighting this. Now the AC will cut off and the gauges will home, a minute latter, everything is back. Also my started will drag after the car has gone a couple miles but will eventually start the car. I just replace the starter and still have the issue.

Replaced the voltage regulator and starter solenoid and still same issue.

In the last 6 months, I have replaced (not all for this issue) the fuse box (Painless), ignition switch, voltage regulator and starter solenoid, starter, wiper motor and switch. I am running out of things to try.

Sounds like a massive circuit breaker or intermittent wire past the ignition switch. Dontcha just love aftermarket wiring?

Stock wiring and painless fuse box....I would start by checking all those connections mating the two items together.

Back