• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Love for the six?

coupster

I've been reading and see how the members here love coupes....(I guess I fit it with a name like "coupster") so I'm going to go out on the limb and ask if there are any brave souls here still running a 6 cylinder in any of their cars? I kept the 6 cylinder in my son's 68...(he turned 18 a few weeks ago, and will be graduating in a month.) We did do alot of upgrades and now that little car is a blast to drive...we added a few go fast goodies and it is pretty peppy. All my other cars are small blocks, with the exception of my 67 FB lawn ornament. I have a 390 and a 351C that could find their way into that shell, I just haven't figured out which way to jump.
So back to my original question...any one with a six...or is everyone just gonna laugh at this post....and call me a NooB idiot. Just curious.

I like em

I plan on having a Falcon in the future and would like to keep it with a six if it has one. I've seen some really cool sixes that were tastefully modified.

I did see a '65 with a six and it had arvinode exhaust on it, now that was cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The custom "red grommet" is to keep out the furnace blast from the S.Texas sun...

We have a dual out header-(Amazon chinese knock off-read cheap) CC cam, lifters and springs, duraspark conversion, upgraded all suspension and steering with ORP perches, Chock Box, SD coils and 4.5 mideyes, Also got rid of all the 4 lug stuff, added a 3.00 open 8 inch, and Granada disks. And the big ticket was the WC 5 speed. It will keep up with the V8's and still get over 24 mpg with the autolite 1bbl. We plan for the 2bbl conversion...someday.

Last edited:
I think a Twin turbo ecoboost would be an amazing swap, but I'm not smart or rich enough for that swap.

I think a Twin turbo ecoboost would be an amazing swap, but I'm not smart or rich enough for that swap.

You would think Ford or someone in the aftermarket would have kits to drop those in our old cars. Someone might, just don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first car was a 65 6cyl coupe and I loved it. It scooted along just fine with its 4 speed stick.

I've been paying closer attention to 6cyl coupes in the hope that I can find one for my daughter who just turned 11.

Also, I think it's really fun to see modified sixes at shows. Its just interesting and unusual compared to the standard V8 Edelbrock intake and tri-Y's.

Whenever I see a 6 at a show I always admire it and hope the owner doesn't want to do a V8 swap. 6s are awesome

i have a 64 falcon futura with the six, and i am going to keep it the six. as to whether i stay with the 170, swap to a 200, or a 250 remains to be seen, but in any case i am replacing the paper three speed with a C4.

We love our coupes & dont need no more stinkin Fartbacks.:eek:
And now for something completely different.
Frankenstang is running a 4.0 litre fuel injected six out of an OZ 93 Falcon.
It also has the 4 speed auto, 3.25 LSD, 4 wheel discs, full dash & computer setup.
Gets 36mpg and does a 14.6 second quarter.
i have put 120,000 kms on it over the last 13 years
d8im.jpg
p712kodak144Large.jpg

We love our coupes & dont need no more stinkin Fartbacks.:eek:
And now for something completely different.
Frankenstang is running a 4.0 litre fuel injected six out of an OZ 93 Falcon.
It also has the 4 speed auto, 3.25 LSD, 4 wheel discs, full dash & computer setup.
Gets 36mpg and does a 14.6 second quarter.
i have put 120,000 kms on it over the last 13 years
d8im.jpg
p712kodak144Large.jpg
Wish I had the cash and skill to cram a falcon turbo six into my coupe.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back