• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Love for the six?

We love our coupes & dont need no more stinkin Fartbacks.:eek:
And now for something completely different.
Frankenstang is running a 4.0 litre fuel injected six out of an OZ 93 Falcon.
It also has the 4 speed auto, 3.25 LSD, 4 wheel discs, full dash & computer setup.
Gets 36mpg and does a 14.6 second quarter.
i have put 120,000 kms on it over the last 13 years
d8im.jpg
p712kodak144Large.jpg
As I said in a earlier thread , those aussies are a "special" breed !!

My 66 convertible originally was a 6 and 3-speed stick. Someone before me had converted it to V8 and toploader. Not all the conversion was done well but that's all fixed now. I had a 351W and T5 in it up until a while ago and am now working toward getting a 250 I6 into it, keeping the T5. Getting closer but still a ways away. Hopefully that within a couple of months it'll be back on the road again, give or take my motivation and other life stuff.

You didn't like the 351w?
No. It was a huge pain to work on. My alignment guy hated me. The header was so close to the steering box that the heat cooked all the grease out of it and killed it. The headers also interfered with the clutch cable routing and I found that the heat killed that too. It was far more power than I could ever legally use and it just seemed stupid to me to continue sacrificing myself and my time battling with it. Besides, it seems like "everyone" is converting to V8's - it's not different. Having an I6 in a classic Mustang IS different. It's something almost no one else has.

I do like the V8 suspension upgrades and think those add value but the rest of it seems like an unnecessary desecration of a piece of history.

I don't mean to insult anyone but did want to answer with candor and honesty as only a grumpy 68-year-old can :).

Thanks for you candid reply. I am currently wrestling in a 351w in place of the old 289. I can see how all of your complaints came about. I'm jsut hoping my headers fit once I actually get this in.

Wish I had the cash and skill to cram a falcon turbo six into my coupe.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
the latest (and last) falcon for sale here with the F6 Turbo engine rolls out the showroom door with 312kW (416hp), more than the V8 , which is the same engine as in the Mustang.
A quick trip to the tuners can see 600 to 750hp without taking the rocker cover off.

My mum always said I was "Special".
Yeah, we know. Sorta like being first in a class when you're the only one in that class. You can also be last in that class.

But at least, you do have class!

This is a painful reminder of one of those that "I let get away"!
It was about 1975-76, I was young and got a lead on a 67 coupe with only 27,000 miles on it. Drove to check it out and found classic "Little Old Lady", driven to church and the store. Body solid, original paint job faded from being parked outside. Did I mention I was young, and dumb?
There was NO WAY I wanted a baby blue Mustang with a measly 6 banger and an old man looking bench seat! How I could kick myself now.

Thanks for you candid reply. I am currently wrestling in a 351w in place of the old 289. I can see how all of your complaints came about. I'm jsut hoping my headers fit once I actually get this in.
Plenty of room. You've got a couple inches easy on us 65/66 guys. Don't go there...

Maybe its my dyslexia, but the title to me reads "Love for the sex".

Back