• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Making it mine...one step at a time

AzPete

Well, I finally got a chance to tinker under the hood of the new '66. I have never been a fan of the plastic wire loom products so that was one of the things to be removed. This was done in Mids garage since he was bored.
unload007.jpg

After a couple on night runs, I felt the headlights were a bit dim. Time for the relay mod.... Did this in my drive this am. I know....one color wire but I didn't feel like another trip to the store since my back went out again today.
unload008.jpg

And completed. It sure made a difference.
unload009.jpg

And another thing accomplished in Mids garage....wired the fog lights to be on in the run position of the key.
unload011.jpg

Gotta get the parking lights to come on whenever they key is on too...

"Midlife" said:
Gotta get the parking lights to come on whenever they key is on too...

Those will be wired as the old one....to come on with the headlights plus on in park instead of on in park and off in headlight position.
That will happen when I get the new dash in a couple weeks or so. Only want to go into the dash one time if I can help it.

"tarafied1" said:
looking good Pete. Tinkering is fun isn't it?

It is, until the back gives out. Ask Pete and me how we know...

Yep....fun on a new car for sure.

been in one chair all afternoon/evening. 30+ years of back problems and it hit hard today..... :sad

You know, it could be that the Wattles was helping out backs all this time, and now that Panama City is out of Wattles...

It's either Bush's or BP's fault!

sorry about the back, I have two herniated discs that give me a little trouble so I kinda know what you mean. Hope you get better so you can get back to tinkering!

L4 & L5 are herniated. Takes the pain across the lower back and down either leg. Only seems to go bad with certain movements. Just wish I knew which movement......

I think those are the same ones I have but mine usually only hurt when I sit still on an airplane or something like that. I did that thing where they stretch you and the discs are supposed to get better but it didn't work. My doctor says it's not bad enough for surgery but like you, every once in a while I do something that just kills my back. Fortunately it's not that often. Anyway, hope you get better!

Things like that are the reason I sold the car. I always wanted to do the headlight relay thing and wire up the fog lights, but could never seem to do it.

Another thing I discovered very quickly is that fake steel braided hosing that's still on the heater hoses sucks. Pete, I have the blue Good Year heater hoses in the garage, that go with the radiator hoses. I meant to toss them in the trunk before it shipped, and forgot. I'll ship them to you if you want them.

The link below shows an "exercise"more like a positional exercise, to combat HNP's(herniated nucleus pulposus or bulging discs). This what I used to preach/teach in physical therapy clinics(I'm a physical therapist assistant). Compliance was always the problem~getting the patient to do the exercise several times through the day! We spend most of our day/night in a flexed position(the lowest part of our spine, lumbar region, however the neck is subject to bulging discs as well), when a disc is protruding (left right or centralized), it touches on a nerve/nerves coming out of our spine, just depends on which way the disc is protruding and what the patients symptoms are help determine to the course of the exercise. When leaning over a fender, or working in a flexed position, exacerbate an already bulging disc increasing symptoms. One should do standing backbends(back extension) frequently to counteract the flexed position we are in most of the day! A bulging disc can be reduced, but working on old cars doesn't help. Otherwise, people run off to have corrective surgery which doesn't always help, but sometimes does help. The video I found shows the McKenzie exercise that more aggressive in treating the bulging disc/s. Just thought I'd chime in on something I'm familiar with.
dne'

McKenzie Exercise

Yep, those exercises do help in some cases. Of course, I prefer something different to lay on for the exercise....... :craz I have been thru so much with the back it isn't funny. They say surgery is only a 50/50 shot of equal or worse condition after healed. Not worth it to me. Hmmm....Texas for therapy...hmmmmm.lol

John, go ahead and throw them on a slow boat to Florida. No rush. I planned on removing that steel braiding soon too. The light car had that when I bought it too. It was a hassle but I got it off and cleaned up.

Seems the fuel pressure gauge didn't like Fl. I replaced that and all id fine.

Still looking into the running warm at lights issue.

Back