• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Model Cars anyone?

tarafied1

I know I am a dork but in winter I don't like to work in the cold so I build model cars. I have made a lot that aren't that great but a few turn out okay.
I made a 57 Retractable hardtop (which there was no kit). I made it from two old AMT 57 Fairlane 500's that I originally built as a kid and an older Revell 59 Galaxy I found at a resale store.
59 skyliner.jpg IMG_1486.jpg IMG_1498.jpg IMG_1602.jpg IMG_1601.jpg

I recently made a replica of my old 72 Torino. It was a formal roof. No kit for it either so I used a 72 Stock Car from eBay and a 76 Starsky and Hutch kit.
b12abf89595259e4da4865a4a6b46903.jpg

196066cf3998574cbecbe5db6924df58.jpg

295e33d010c3c8d96ee7fc9cf74b9bd6.jpg

1e9d79c9bf72dfd5fe8d8b723876c672.jpg

dd7713f395f37a84c45640b7e1080248.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!
I built a bunch. Smokey and the Bandit Thunder Chickens, a Peterbuilt Semi and several others, they all ended up in pieces after some firecrackers.

thanks! I have more!!! It's relaxing to me. When I get stressed I ususally tinker in the garage. I used to get cabin fever in winter, this helps a lot

Very cool.

I used to build lots of models, but it's been an awfully long time since I've done one.

I have maybe 6 or 7 of my favorites models boxed up from when I was younger.

You know, if you're really looking for a challenge you could build me a model of my car, I'd pay you.......

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

You know, if you're really looking for a challenge you could build me a model of my car, I'd pay you.......

Finding a 70 coupe to make the vert from would be pretty hard. I think they made a 69 but they are pretty rare. I will keep my eye out for one. I might be able to modify a sportsroof. I did make a "junker" 70
DSCN0530.JPG DSCN0541a.jpg

thanks! I have more!!! It's relaxing to me. When I get stressed I ususally tinker in the garage. I used to get cabin fever in winter, this helps a lot
The best model I built was 1/48 scale F-15E. I airbrushed a two shade grey camouflage scheme on it. And ordered Edwards AFB decals from Squadron model company.
I wish I had a picture.

Very cool.

I used to build lots of models, but it's been an awfully long time since I've done one.

I have maybe 6 or 7 of my favorites models boxed up from when I was younger.

I had accumulated a bunch of models from probably 30 years ago. I have ended up giving them all to my nephew who turns 14 next week. He loves it.
CF-11, B-1B, EA-6B, F-105G Wild Weasel, Tornado, etc. all but the B-1B are 1/48 scale and many are from ERTL which makes fine kits with lots of detail.
My nephew will receive them on Tuesday and I know for sure he's going to flip out.
He wants a King Tiger model and that's on the list for Christmas.....

Back