• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modified 1968 Coupe

Brian is polishing the body so we can get the sheetmetal back on. It takes up a lot of room in the shop when you have everything on stands.

402.jpg

403.jpg

Re: Re: Modified 1968 Coupe

"70_Fastback" said:
Nice! That's going to hurt to look at out in the sun!

Needs to have a warning label. Caution: looking directly at this car in direct sunlight for extended periods will cause permanent eye damage.

Good lookin car though.

WOW is all I can say, you'll have to list any shows that car goes to so I can be sure not to bring mine...
Jon

The car looks awesome, I can't wait to be to that point... If I could pick your brain, I am wondering what you recommend for filler at the body seams (i.e roof to rear quarter)? I have fully welded the seam and was planning on using Rage Extreme, unless you tell me not to... What do you guys use?

Thanks,

Jeff

"65-408" said:
The car looks awesome, I can't wait to be to that point... If I could pick your brain, I am wondering what you recommend for filler at the body seams (i.e roof to rear quarter)? I have fully welded the seam and was planning on using Rage Extreme, unless you tell me not to... What do you guys use?

Thanks,

Jeff

I have used a lot of Rage with good results but lately have been using Marson's (now 3M) Platinum Plus.

Thanks,

Either way, std filler is OK? you don't recommend anything more like metal 2 metal, etc? do you have a maximum thickness that you absolutely won't go over?

"65-408" said:
Thanks,

Either way, std filler is OK? you don't recommend anything more like metal 2 metal, etc? do you have a maximum thickness that you absolutely won't go over?

If I have an area that needs a lot of filler I have used Duraglas first than filler.

I used duraglass on my roof to quarter area but wish I had thought to do what you guys did on the 65 restomod....
I'll bet there's hardly any filler on with the welded in patch panel.
444.jpg

That car could be used as a beacon for airlines, lost ships, spacecraft and arriving extraterrestrials! That paint is awesome :thu

"silverblueBP" said:
That car could be used as a beacon for airlines, lost ships, spacecraft and arriving extraterrestrials! That paint is awesome :thu

+1! :thu

I don't think Rusty shot the pics with any lights on...otherwise it woulda scorched his eyeballs! LOL

Back