• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

More cedar plank Salmon

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Went Salmon fishing on Saturday, catching two with one being a small one which is perfect for this type of grilling.

After soaking the cedar plank in water for a couple hours, threw it on the hot grill searing one side, flipping it over and then applied the Salmon piece which was already covered with olive oil, minced garlic, fresh dill and lemon juice. Grilled it (20-25 minutes) until the IT reached 140. Very simple, Very yummy.

9upu7ety.jpg

You do realize there are OTHER tasty fish in the ocean right??

Looks good. Here's my crew a couple years ago (+her boyfriend) with some Amberjack. Caught 5 nice White Marlin but didn't keep'em. You know fishing is so tough.........

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    421.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    429.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    431.9 KB · Views: 23
I like to take the trout we catch up here and put them on a cedar plank, I don't bother searing the plank first, just soak it and put the trout on it. I don't like dill so I use onion, garlic, fresh parsley and salt and pepper.

I also like to put the trout right on the grill with some hickory chips that have been soaked and put on the grill and some in a foil pouch with holes in it. You have to put the pouch on the grill first and when it starts to smoke it is ready for the fish and the rest of the fish.

Here's one for yellowtail....

skin on fillet then on the non skin side salt, pepper, granulated onion, garlic, and chili powder and let it sit 1/2 hour.

In a sauce pan squeeze one lemon, lime, and orange. Leave the rind in the pan. Add a cube of salted butter. Not margarine. Add a sliced onion and about two cloves minced garlic. I use the jar of garlic from Costco and I use two spoon full. Add the same seasoning as were put on the fillet. Stir and cook on low heat until the onion is clear.

Place the fillet on the grill skin side down. Baste with the sauce while the fillet is cooking on low to medium heat. Keep brushing the sauce on it the entire time you cook it. Use it all except the rinds. When it is done serve with steamed corn tortillas, black beans seasoned to taste and shredded cabbage!

Enjoy!

Mel

Back