• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

More stupid questions...

tarafied1

If you have followed my saga, I have no brake lights (still). I want to put the newly purchased 68 parts car's column (& PS) in my 67. The 68 has a different plug end on the turn signal switch. I've been studying the wiring diagrams for the 67 and 68 Mustang. It looks as if the wires are the same on both the 67 and 68. I should be able to switch the plug on the 68 turn swignal switch with the one from the 67. I do know that the 67 (and older) parking lights go out when the headlights are on, but the 68 and later stay on. The headlight switch looks the same for both years. If that's true and the turn signal swtch is the same (?) how does the 67 and 68 differ in the parking light circuit? I wouldn't mind making my 67 like the 68 and have the parking lights stay on when the headlights are on.

The headlight switch internal guts changed to accommodate the parking lamps being on with the headlamps on, but the wiring did not. At this point, if you have a 67 headlight switch, use it and don't worry about the 68 configuration and vice versa.

The turn signal switch connector on 65-67 consisted of a square molex pin connector, but in 68, it changed to a curved dual row connector. The actual wires and number of them did not change, only the connector.

Take three aspirin and call me in the morning if you still have the headache...

For the 65-67, there's a lock tab on each side. I believe you have to press in to lever the lock tabs off, then pull apart. I suspect the same thing for the 68 version.

Back