• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mousetrap car insight wanted

Google.......has all the up to date mods for a perfect build....lol

Been years since I dealt with them.

Well this is what I know: must make your own wheels, no Legos but any other material is fair game. We are using DVDs for the rear with thin tubing to give the disks some traction, front tires nylon disk with same tubing and I have rubber mounts for the trap so not to ruin the frame. Frame will be balsa wood rectangular shape like a ladder. My concerns are best location for the mouse trap, length of frame, axle material and whether to have a straight arm to pull the line or a bent one

Shaped like an old drag car

Well the verdict is in on the car. By far the fastest car out there and could have the distance won too. They did a mock up one today and the final race is Thursday.

What you mean a pic? I broke the first frame last night right half trying to attach the arm to the trap scrambled to make another one before my daughter went to school this morning She has one more thing to place on it which is a mini 12 man flag on the arm but if you need a pic here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Back