• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang Class Breakdown Help?

Laurie S.

Staff member
We have our annual car show this year, and I forget what years typically are grouped together in the late models from 2000 on. Where is the break in years for a body style change?

"msell66" said:
"stangg" said:
"MD69Boss" said:
89-93
94-98
99-2004
2005-2010
2011-2013

Wouldn't the fox bodies be 79-93?

I think it's 79-88. 89 got really boxy.

79-86 have 4 headlights... 87-93 have the euro style headlights... 88 and 89 are virtually identical from what I recall. I don't see 88-89 being in different classes.

79-93 age in the same class at all the shows I have been to. Very little changes from 79-86 and the same said for 87-93.

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter how they are they are classed....some will mot like it. Put them all in one...lol

I have another question. What the heck is a 2013 California Special GT500? Is it a regular Mustsng coupe or a Shelby?

Laurie, do I need to pre register my 68, or can I just show up? When should I get there and what is the cost? Thanks

You can register the day of the show. If could fax or e-mail the entry to me today, it would be $25. It's $30 the day of the show. What body style is your 68? I can add you to my parking plan now. My fax is 620-1480 and the e-mail is aztlan@theriver.com. Then just pay on Saturday.

"msell66" said:
"Midlife" said:
No love for the Mustang II, I see...

Not a real Mustang.

Mark

Sent from my semi-smart phone
I had a 78 Mustang II fastback with the T-tops and little bitty slot mags, and it was as much a Mustang as the 65's, which were Falcons with modified sheet metal. I worked for a subsidiary of Ford during the Mustang II and early Fox Body era. I got a new executive lease car every year and I have to say that the V6 Mustang II was a lot more fun to drive than the little yellow 80 hatchback Fox Body I had with a turbocharged 2.3L. Aside from the spooling sound from the turbo, there wasn't much to recommend it, and it looked like a family coupe despite the special Michelin TRX tires and wheels. The 78 Mustang II was black with a bright red interior and it got lots of compliments from people in parking lots (the purpose of the executive lease program in the first place.) I don't think anyone ever noticed, or commented on, the 80 Fox Body despite it's canary yellow paint job.

Well, Laurie, my 68 is a convertible, but it looks like I missed the registration deadline. I have been playing with the projection fuel injection that I just installed. No problem though, I'll just cruise by and enjoy the show as a spectator.

I'd like to come anyway, just to see if I can get anymore info on the Caravan to Vegas! Thanks

Back