• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang Masters, Jacksonville. FL

Johnny M

Anyone dealt with Freddie?

He has some folddown seats parts and brackets i need but never dealt with him before.

Stay the fugg away from Fast Freddy. I've seen him in action at the Columbus swap meet. :rp :ep :amaz :barf :scar He's been doing this (ie. screwing people up one side and down the other) for YEARS.

Ask Mid about him.... I believe his quote was something along the lines of the guy "thinks what he has is worth a million bucks and anything you have is worth $#!^"

I paid 250 bux a piece for 71 mustang NOS outer wheel houses from him back in 03. He was the only game in town at the time. Now they have re-pops for about 40 bux.

If you do buy from him and he screws you over, my dad lives in Jacksonville, he's not above busting some heads....just sayin..

I bought something from him at the 45th. My dad wanted to buy me a dash pad, but I wasn't really in any hurry to replace mine, so when Freddie spit out his price, I said "Nah don't worry with it." I legitimately didn't want the thing. He came WAY down on the price before my dad took it whether I wanted it or not, LOL.

Apparently I'm one of the few people to ever get him to go down much on a price. This is funny, as I'm a horrible negotiator. Pad fit fine. It was missing one of the studs that bolt it to the dash, but I just removed the one from my old pad and 2part-epoxied it into the new dash. Worked like a champ.

That's just *MY* experience with Freddie. I believe I got lucky. I didn't even know who he was at the time. If I saw him again, I would enter his booth with a lot more trepidation, and would never deal with him over the phone or internet. JMO, YMMV.

Steve

I've bought one part from him: a correct year toploader for the going price. I figured he couldn't make such an intricate part worse by him having it, but I did open up the top and examine the guts before purchase. It was a square deal all around, but most of what he has is old, somewhat worn, but sometimes that's all you can find. I also sold him some stuff from 2 years ago at the Pensacola show. He wanted more of my stuff, but at prices that were unreasonable. So be it.

ive dealt with freddie and had good results, just make sure everything is spelled out incl delivery time ect and condition ect. he had what i needed about 6 yrs ago for a 69 i was building and he did good and this was over the phone transaction.. years ago at the pensacola swap meet i would hear stories but never had dealt with him as i was a vendor myself. just treat him like u would anyone else and leave nothing to chance. wes

I've also had some dealings with Fast Freddie. A few years ago.... right before the aftermarket started producing '67-68 Air conditioning vents... he had a set that wasn't pitted/corroded and we bought them. We paid top dollar for them and the transaction went smoothly. I saw him at the 45th and he does have a large inventory of used items.

What are you looking for Johnny?

"daveSanborn" said:
I've also had some dealings with Fast Freddie. A few years ago.... right before the aftermarket started producing '67-68 Air conditioning vents... he had a set that wasn't pitted/corroded and we bought them. We paid top dollar for them and the transaction went smoothly. I saw him at the 45th and he does have a large inventory of used items.

What are you looking for Johnny?

Good question Dave,
I am missing alot of the small parts for the fold down seats and rear area of the car and after chatting to Freddie we have come up with this list.

1) Trap door
2) Pair of support hinges
3) Trap door support prop rod
4) Trap door locking latch
5) Pair Side latch assemblies
6) Pair Side latch covers original correct grain
7) Pair seat pin rest bumper bezels
8) Pair seat pin rest bumpers
9) Complete Chrome border trim kit with large hinge
10) Installalation Hardware kit with mounting trim kit
11) Leveling shims for hinging panel
12) Pivot hinges for pivot piece of package

I am also missing some brackets that hold in the rear interior panels in place.

Johnny

"Johnny M" said:
Good question Dave,
I am missing alot of the small parts for the fold down seats and rear area of the car and after chatting to Freddie we have come up with this list.

1) Trap door
2) Pair of support hinges
3) Trap door support prop rod
4) Trap door locking latch
5) Pair Side latch assemblies
6) Pair Side latch covers original correct grain
7) Pair seat pin rest bumper bezels
8) Pair seat pin rest bumpers
9) Complete Chrome border trim kit with large hinge
10) Installalation Hardware kit with mounting trim kit
11) Leveling shims for hinging panel
12) Pivot hinges for pivot piece of package

I am also missing some brackets that hold in the rear interior panels in place.

Johnny

Johnny,

FastFreddie's business centers around an inventory of used OEM parts. Why would you want to buy your missing items in used condition when the aftermarket has most of these parts in reproduction? I don't believe you'll be happy buying any of these parts from MustangMasters.... granted they may be OEM parts, but the condition of them is going to borderline usable.

Try contacting [contact Dave S via PM for vendor name ---Midlife's editing] out in SoCal about your missing interior panel mounting brackets. They may be helpful as they're the company converting Coupes into FB's and all of the rear interior brackets I assume are custom made to resemble the original brackets.

Worse case scenario.... there's a rotting FB shell in the woods down the road from me and I may be able to secure some of your missing brackets.

"daveSanborn" said:
Johnny,

FastFreddie's business centers around an inventory of used OEM parts. Why would you want to buy your missing items in used condition when the aftermarket has most of these parts in reproduction? I don't believe you'll be happy buying any of these parts from MustangMasters.... granted they may be OEM parts, but the condition of them is going to borderline usable.

Try contacting [contact Dave S via PM for vendor name ---Midlife's editing] out in SoCal about your missing interior panel mounting brackets. They may be helpful as they're the company converting Coupes into FB's and all of the rear interior brackets I assume are custom made to resemble the original brackets.

Worse case scenario.... there's a rotting FB shell in the woods down the road from me and I may be able to secure some of your missing brackets.

Dave,
It was a mixture of reproduction parts and OEM parts Freddie was trying to sell me. Basically everything to fit out the rear area and the folddown seats.. He was looking $1,000 for everything.

I'll give [deleted by Midlife] a call before i make you go scouting in the woods. :scar

Johnny

In dealing with this t*rd in a punchbowl, do it IN PERSON, NEVER BY SHIPPING! Have seen him in action over 20 years ago forward. But never fear he has a "God Message" as a front plate on his truck!! :barf When the old Cypress Gardens Show was still going 'bout 10 years ago, am looking at stuff a vendor had and he shoved past me, and he got a heavy shove back! Seeing as I was p****d, he apologized and the seller told him to come back at the end of show! Love the comment in Mustang Monthly few years back, they needed a fender for a project and Freddie shipped them a rusty one! What a putz-for him it's a compliment!

:steer I have been doing business with Freddy since 1985. I've brought 3 cars from him and a number of parts over the years. He has always treated me fairly and any problems have always been solved without questions.
Many people are quick to complain and post information. The ones that are satisfied rarely leave comments about their dealings.
:thu

It's all been said they don't call him Fast Freddie for nothing. A fair deal can be had but you need to be diligent. I think of him and [company name deleted by Midlife] in the same light, huge inventory, well worn parts, some times the only game in town and they know it and don't hesitate to charge you for it.

"Johnny M" said:
Anyone dealt with Freddie?

He has some folddown seats parts and brackets i need but never dealt with him before.

I have dealt with Freddie before. I needed a new Ford 9 inch differential pumpkin for my '66 390 GT. I talked to Freddie on the phone, made the purchase, and he delivered it to me at the next car show in Moultrie with no charge for shipping; saving me $$$$$. The differential was exactly as described - a like new unit setup with a fresh seal. Installation was a snap; a perfect fit. I am a fan of Freddie's and would do business with him again in a heartbeat. GAJIM

He sold my friend a center A/C vent for a 68 Mustang so he said. Not even close to what it suppose to be. Also I have inquired in person about a few "hard to fine" parts and have been given a good old smoke screen, little did he know I was on to him. I have seen this dude in action many times. He needs to tell people the truth and not try to take advantage of their lack of knowledge and scam them. I don't have anything for him and my friend owes him a good ole ass whooping for screwing him. My advice is, hold your wallet tight and walk fast when you go past his booth. Like the ole saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. :skul

Funny how newbs with one post come hear to defend Fred and then leave. Yeah, we're idiots and believe everything on the net.

Back