• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang Steve roller pedal, 5-speed cable clutch setup - Never used!!

For sale:

I've got a complete Mustang Steve Master kit, part number: CK165M. This kit fits a 1965-66 Mustang.

The kit basically does two things:
  1. Converts your mustang to power brakes. It uses a more modern (thinner) 9" booster that give you more clearance for your master cylinder. This feature is useful for 65-66 Mustangs where some aftermarket power brake setups hit the export brake or shock tower.
  2. Installs a cable clutch setup to your car for retrofitting a T5 or Tremec Five-speed transmission. The pedals are converted to a roller bearing setup allowing for a very smooth action.

This kit contains the following parts, completely ready to bolt into your 64-1/2 - 66 Mustang:
  • ALL NEW FABRICATED Pedal Support , designed with steel firewall brace for power brake booster pattern
  • Brake Pedal, designed for revised pedal ratio for power brakes (revised ratio equates to less travel for same actuation)
  • pair of brake pedal bushings and a booster shaft/brake pedal pin bushing
  • Clutch Pedal, ALL NEW, including new shaft, designed with cable quadrant and ballbearing shaft. Includes sealed ballbearings fitted. Clutch pedal is full 3/8" thick, stronger than the original 1/4" thick pedal.
  • Rebuilt power brake booster (booster is unpainted)
  • Billet adjustable firewall brace and cable stop with attaching bolts
  • Adjustable clutch cable
  • Adjustable clutch pedal stop - so you can set the pedal height to your preference.
  • Parts are painted black, ready to install
  • FULL INSTRUCTIONS

I installed this kit on my 65 Mustang, but decided to go with a hydraulic clutch. Unfortunately, the Modern Driveline hydraulic clutch master cylinder would not work with the larger diameter booster, so I went back to manual brakes.

I have never actually drove the car with these parts on it.. I've only installed and removed them.

You're basically getting a BRAND new kit for much less than you would have to pay for a new setup.

To learn more about the kit, here is a link to Mustang Steve's part page:

http://www.mustangsteve.com/cable.html

Mustang Steve charges $549 for the kit new. I would like have $300 for everything. My loss is your gain.

If you have any questions, please reply to the add or email at shannm2 AT gmail.com or reply to the ad.

Thanks,
Shannon

Back