1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

my 66 restomod begins

Discussion in 'Member's Build Threads' started by steveh326, Sep 11, 2014.

1. steveh326

steveh326 Member

thanks!

pm sent... I like the 3/4 view like you have for yours, also like I am using for my profile pic.

2. steveh326

steveh326 Member

stopped by upholstery shop this morning, got on the list for new top. struggled between glass window and plastic, in the end I went with plastic. 2 weeks out on work so now I gotta wait... arg.

3. steveh326

steveh326 Member

2nd alignment done, TIRES DON'T RUB... YEAH! picked it up and drove it maybe 15 miles today... had a squeak think I got that, has a rattle in the front end I need to track that down, but otherwise seems to be doing OK, so far so good. May take a longer trip tomorrow up the interstate to calibrate the speedo and do a little more shake down.

top is scheduled for Oct 15 or so, after that I can finish adjusting the windows, then get the door panels installed.

4. Grabber70Mach

Grabber70Mach Well-Known Member

Congrats glad to hear that you got the rubbing issue resolved.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

5. steveh326

steveh326 Member

upholstery shop called this morning, top should be in 1st of next week, I am on their list for probably Thursday to get it installed... woohoo... once that is done I can final align the windows, then get the door panels on. still a couple odds and ends, and a couple gremlins I am chasing down. electronic speedo is acting wonky and won't calibrate, not sure whats up with that yet. Fitech is still learning and hopefully sorting itself out. got a clunk in the right side front end need to try to chase that down. otherwise seems to be doing fairly well.

RapidRabbit and Grabber70Mach like this.
  6. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

What brand of top did you get? My experience is Robbins brand is top dog.

7. steveh326

steveh326 Member

i think it may be Robbins but not 100% sure. the upholstery shop ordered it. He said what brand he likes to use but I can't remember. I know it's not Kee. I had him order it in the sun cloth instead of the stock vinyl.

8. steveh326

steveh326 Member

upholstery shop called, they got the top done early. very pleased with it. I love the cloth instead of the vinyl. they were also able to fix a couple issues I had with my back seat cover that apparently the first shop messed up. the left rear window regulator decided to crap out today so now I need to pull back seat back out and replace that... arg.

Attached Files:

Grabber70Mach likes this.
  9. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

That looks great.

I need to get my top done soon. It's pretty bad, but I never put it up anyway.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

10. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

I really like the looks of cloth tops over vinyl!

11. steveh326

steveh326 Member

thanks, me too. since I wasn't doing a restoration I figured I had free reign.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018 at 3:47 AM