• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 67 fastback build

Fst Blk

I see alot of familiar names from other forums I frequent. But, for those that I don't know, my current progress is being kept here...
http://67fastback.webs.com/

I'm quite happy to be adding metal back to the car finally.
Bill

welcome to the Fix, I think I recognize this car... what engine is going back in? 460 is a tight squeeze!

Plan is for a junk build 351w until I can build what I really want. I recognize your car also... sbftech.com???
Bill

To tell the truth, I'd be happy just throwing some milled trick flow 170 or 190's on this 351w with a custom cam and custom carb. Right now, I'm planning to throw a set of gt40's on it. At this point I'd be happy with a moped engine if it make it move under it's own power.
Stages, I suppose. I want the body and suspension done, then I can move to the engine later.
Bill

Got out and got the front apron in and welded up...
1286732270.jpg

Also, got the front driver side torque box primed and welded in
1286732274.jpg

1286732272.jpg

1286732268.jpg

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
"fordrule" said:
wow bill you are hitting up both forums with your process lol

I don't post there much anymore, but there are some guys that like to know where I'm at on this thing :)
Bill

"67 Fastback" said:
Got out and got the front apron in and welded up...

Bill

Cool. I sure remember when I was doing the same kinda work on my car.

Keep up the good work!

On vacation this week and trying to get back to work on the Stang. Got the toeboard and rear upper torque box cover in.
1305652195.jpg

1305652193.jpg

1305652192.jpg

All to make way for the ultimate goal of replacing the floor pans. Alot of work just to get to this point. Here the pan is mocked into place. I had to quit for the day as the kids are home from school for election day.
1305652190.jpg

Bill

Floor pans going in.
floorpan1.jpg

floorpan2.jpg

floorpan3.jpg

In place and ready to burn in tomorrow.

Thought I take a few pics of the way she sits currently.
fastback3.jpg

fastback2.jpg

fastback1.jpg

I'm slow with her, but it's just a hobby and I don't have a deadline lol.

Bill

progress is progress! glad to see you get time to work on her. It took me a better part of the 20 years I have owned mine so I know what you mean about not having a deadline!

Thanks, It is hard to find the time to put into her. If I could stay constant on her then I think I could get all the metal work done before the fall. That was the plan last year, but as you see it didn't happen. And it probably won't happen this year :nut

Bill

Back