• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 67 fastback build

Got all the steering complete other than my Pitman arm. New inner and outer tie rods, adjuster sleeves, and roller idler arm. The steering box is a Isuzu trooper integral power steering unit much like borgeson uses. Still need to finalize the mounting.

Also, brakes are complete. This is a hodge podge of a system. Granda spindles with 03 gt mustang pbr aluminum 2 piston calipers with one off slotted rotors. The rotors are the only special order piece and that is because they are .12' thicker than stock granada rotors.

Also, got the 69 mustang brake booster in place along with a rollerized clutch and brake pedal assembly. Still need to install the brake light trigger. The master cylinder is a 99 6 cylinder mustang 1' bore.
f42d6caa81025b254972c381d5f3447c.jpg
763490570f9fc8f16752701c33e153c8.jpg
158fc88182de171e17917951da48a3a1.jpg
31d0707d3b3768a7330773bacf677fe3.jpg

So as i am going through a lot of the same on mine and found out i have granda spindles as well. So the quick question? Are you using a Granda Tie Rod end or a 67? I ask because i found out if your using 67 (Which I am) then you need an adapter for it to fit properly in the Granda spindle, its a sleeve that widens it to sit properly and Mustang Steve sells them for $25 a piece.

Looking good though

Also if you want electric windows...Im currently installing an XO Vision pw203 kit. They are like 44 on amazon and not too hard to setup. I got my kit off ebay for $35

Also if you want electric windows...Im currently installing an XO Vision pw203 kit. They are like 44 on amazon and not too hard to setup. I got my kit off ebay for $35
Make sure to do a thorough write up on this installation in your own build thread. Our old cars are not friendly to most such kits. The glass is very heavy and the tracks require serious "oomph" to operate. The only kit I have ever heard of that work well is Nu-relic. I have this on mine and have to say they operate very smoothly and with good speed much like a modern OEM. But, they ain't cheap!
Whatever you do on your install I would recommend refraining from hacking anything lest you have to go back to an original type set-up.

Make sure to do a thorough write up on this installation in your own build thread. Our old cars are not friendly to most such kits. The glass is very heavy and the tracks require serious "oomph" to operate. The only kit I have ever heard of that work well is Nu-relic. I have this on mine and have to say they operate very smoothly and with good speed much like a modern OEM. But, they ain't cheap!
Whatever you do on your install I would recommend refraining from hacking anything lest you have to go back to an original type set-up.

Documented in my thread including video of it working...

Looks like my 5.0 aftermarket serpentine setup won't work on my 351w... :mad: After all the talk about cvf, I thought I'd look at them. Looks like with all the parts that I've already used to use my setup, I'm stuck with this setup from them.
5.0L-SERPENTINE-PS-2.jpg

Definitely not as slick as some I've seen from them. I really don't like how high the alternator sets...

Looks like my 5.0 aftermarket serpentine setup won't work on my 351w... :mad: After all the talk about cvf, I thought I'd look at them. Looks like with all the parts that I've already used to use my setup, I'm stuck with this setup from them.
Definitely not as slick as some I've seen from them. I really don't like how high the alternator sets...

same here. remembers me of a chevy setup.

...brakes are complete. This is a hodge podge of a system. Granda spindles with 03 gt mustang pbr aluminum 2 piston calipers with one off slotted rotors. The rotors are the only special order piece and that is because they are .12' thicker than stock granada rotors.

Also, got the 69 mustang brake booster in place along with a rollerized clutch and brake pedal assembly. Still need to install the brake light trigger. The master cylinder is a 99 6 cylinder mustang 1' bore.
[/QUOTE]
So I am curious as to what you used to mount the calipers? and where you got the rotors? I have The Granada spindles on mine for 26 years now. They work fine but an upgrade might be nice! Also, did the 99 MC bolt right on the booster?

Yeah the master bolts right no mods needed. The brake booster also is a direct bolt in with the correct pedal and assembly.

I got the rotors and mounts from Dennis @ csrp. I planned to make the mounts and has it all mocked up but decided his design was solid and I didn't want to cheap out. The granada rotors will work but they aren't thick enough to take advantage of the pbr calipers. I think the rotors are 150ish and they are slotted so they are worth the money. The caliper brackets were 150 ish also.

lol, its ok....LAst time i drove my car was from the hauler to the garage in feb...Now its sitting on jack stands waiting on new rear lines.....ugh....Before that .....I would just start here to hear her a bit.....the STRUGGLE is REAL

Back