• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 67 fastback build

lol, its ok....LAst time i drove my car was from the hauler to the garage in feb...Now its sitting on jack stands waiting on new rear lines.....ugh....Before that .....I would just start here to hear her a bit.....the STRUGGLE is REAL
I know, I have had mine 26 years now and the first 9 or so it was real slow progress including time in storage as I moved three times during that period. I had owned it 17 years when it finally got painted. And it is still not done!!!

I'm closer today than I was yesterday. Actually I'm close to getting her to a driver. I'm done worrying about this or that. I want it driving even if that means alot still needs to be finished. Hoping I can accomplish that when I take my vacation in early September. Keep plugging away and fingers crossed.

When graduated from high school, I put in the yearbook that my goal in life was to finish the mustang. That was 1994, goal still hasn't been accomplished. ....

I'm closer today than I was yesterday. Actually I'm close to getting her to a driver. I'm done worrying about this or that. I want it driving even if that means alot still needs to be finished. Hoping I can accomplish that when I take my vacation in early September. Keep plugging away and fingers crossed.

I think this is a good way to do it... get all your mechanicals and safety stuff in order, then shake it down to see if anything needs tweaking before finishing off paint and interior.

Engine is dropped in... still far from anything but for a guy that has been pulling 70+ a week I'm OK with the progress.
2a202e457b42f69e8aaa68476b89235e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

here are some pic we talked about on the phone. Some are when I first put the nose on. You can see the brace attached and the fenders are not cut. You can also see in the bottom pics, the upper didn't fit real well but I was able to tweak it and not add any filler.
broken nose 1.jpg Picture 331.jpg Picture 351.jpg July06 045.jpg July06 044.jpg

you will notice, I made some braces to tie the bottoms of the fenders to the chassis. This helped. The lower nose is attached in the wheelwell and to the fender where the bumper would have covered. Also it is attached to the brace. You can see some supports in the first pic. It's screwed into those behind the grille.

Thanks Craig. That does answer a lot of my questions. I can see how it attaches over the fenders. I know it's a week before you're home again, but when you do make it back, you think you could pull me some measurements off that brace we were talking about and pictured above? I'm good with the bumper mount side to side, but the length it comes forward and the height of the upkicks??

Thanks dad.

And for those that don't know what we are talking about... picked this up along with a shelby decklid Saturday. 500 bux for all of it was a steal. The decklid alone would have cost that shipped.
ee5e53e3ec6918853ccfc806cf0db19d.jpg

Pics of decklid to come when I make it home.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Makes them far too busy for my taste. And losing the lower nose lights also. I like the inboard lights, but don't think I'll do them either. I've been looking at getting halo lights and trying to wire my turn signals into the halo... I thought that would be cool.

Back