• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 67 fastback build

I found one online. I'll find it again and PM you. Also, what about the pitman resplining? Something you can do? I'm not opposed to splicing it together meaning cutting the two and making one if the other option isn't feasible.

Bill

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
I don't have a way of cutting internal splines, at least not anything I would trust on steering linkage.

That's fine. Would you trust yourself to this? I've seen your welds so I think I would, but I understand if you don't think it's safe.

IMGP0011.jpg

that's cast iron & it needs to be welded with a special rod to work. I've seen this done properly & the welded joint is actually the strongest point on the part. had a friend that knew how to do this, but he passed in 02.

"Fst Blk" said:
"Midlife" said:
What exactly is the "exploder"?

Sorry, exploder rear end (Ford Explorer 8.8).

Thanks guys. I'm seriously considering getting the steering system, brakes, motor/tranny done and driving it just the way it is while I work on it. I'm tired of it as a heap in the garage.

Steve, think you'd be up for some fab work making a bracket to bolt 99-up 2 piston calipers on the granada spindles? I've also got the issue of the pitman arm. It's a Isuzu trooper integral power box like Borgeson, but I need the the original splined to fit it????

Bill

Are you talking about the GT calipers? If so do you need a set? I have a pair that came off an 02 about 6 years ago sitting in the shed, less than 25k on them when pulled. There yours for the cost of shipping if your interested, just let me know.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

"Grabber70Mach" said:
"Fst Blk" said:
"Midlife" said:

Thanks guys. I'm seriously considering getting the steering system, brakes, motor/tranny done and driving it just the way it is while I work on it. I'm tired of it as a heap in the garage.

Steve, think you'd be up for some fab work making a bracket to bolt 99-up 2 piston calipers on the granada spindles? I've also got the issue of the pitman arm. It's a Isuzu trooper integral power box like Borgeson, but I need the the original splined to fit it????

Bill

Are you talking about the GT calipers? If so do you need a set? I have a pair that came off an 02 about 6 years ago sitting in the shed, less than 25k on them when pulled. There yours for the cost of shipping if your interested, just let me know.

Heck ya :thum I'll pm you my address.

Bill

"Fst Blk" said:
"Grabber70Mach" said:
"Fst Blk" said:
"Midlife" said:

Bill

Bill

You want the rotors too? They will probably need turned just from sitting around. I'll try to get some pics this weekend for you.

"Grabber70Mach" said:
"Fst Blk" said:
"Grabber70Mach" said:
"Fst Blk" said:
"Midlife" said:

Bill

Bill

You want the rotors too? They will probably need turned just from sitting around. I'll try to get some pics this weekend for you.

I don't think the rotors will work in this application. I appreciate the offer of them though.

Bill

If you have the bracket that the caliper bolts to the spindle with, I do need that if you have it and are willing to give it away.

Bill

"Grabber70Mach" said:
Pretty sure that's all there, took them off to put 13" Cobra brakes on.

Cool. Did you get my PM?

Bill

Thanks guys. My car is nowhere near the beast Coleman built. I do appreciate the words though. I'm gonna work on getting it to a driver from this stage. It won't hurt my feelings one bit to run it around the way it is.

Bill

Over the pit getting small things done. Got the strut brace and sway bar bracket welded to the driver frame rail. After this installed the adjustable strut rods. Not a huge couple days, but chipping away.

1387757894_zps0dd87bc3.jpg

1387757884_zpsa963a7c5.jpg

Bill

"tarafied1" said:
that has come a long way my friend!

It has and still has a ways to go. Find myself just sitting at the pit looking at it instead of working on it. So many small things to do. Not overwhelming but don't really have a starting point. After I got the suspension on, I'm lost what to work on next lol.

Talked to my buddy that has a 220 Mig about bringing it up and doing some serious strength welding all around it. Probably weld the sfc in while were under it too.

Bill

Back