• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 67

Dave2g

I think it's a bit early to start this for my car, since I won't be able to actually do anything to it for another month or so. It's currently in California (where I used to live) and I'm stationed in Germany. But I'm too excited and I'm going to do it anyway. I bought it from my parents when I was 18 (now currently 19.)

I have a 67 coupe. The 289 Engine has been rebuilt 15 years ago. Best headers on the market 15 years ago with custom exhaust just for the headers.

Dave.

Update:
Just ordered:
MSD Pro-Billet Ready-To-Run Distributors 8352 for myself and my sister's fiance. (a little wedding present.)
x2 Side mirrors. (Not sure the rules in Germany for side mirrors. never had any in the first place.)
Original 67 Mustang manual. (Had to have it.)
1967 Coupe Standard Interior Super Interior Kit, Black. (Replacing seats and carpet.)
Edelbrock 600 cfm Performer Series Square-Bore Carburetor, Electric Choke (non-EGR)
Seat Foam Standard/Deluxe 1967
Upholstery Hog Ring Kit x250

Update 2:
MSD Distributor is waiting for me in California, ordering rest of parts soon.

Update 3:
Just put in the radiator and carb. Running much better now. Distributor and coil put on hold because of rain and motor mounts are cracked. May have a cracked power steering line or radiator line. Picture will be put up soon.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 165
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 35
Dave,
Is the car in SoCal or NorCal? Are you planning to keep in Calif or ship it abroad?

Craig

North up near Turlock/Ceres area. And I want to ship it here with me. They have storage areas on base so I don't have to worry about the winters either. It's all free shipping too!

Attachments

• IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
You Cali guys may be able to help him find a place in Modesto area to get all season tires and Torq Thrust II's before it goes to Germany. I guess they require a all season tire and he wants the TTII's.

I would have to buy both winter and summer if I didn't get all season. Granted it'll be in storage most of winter here but those random sunny days would be nice to cruise around

Another Modesto Stang....at least for the time being. I may be able to help point you to the right places here in Modesto. Welcome to the family.

"kb3" said:
Another Modesto Stang....at least for the time being. I may be able to help point you to the right places here in Modesto. Welcome to the family.

Thank you! Much appreciated. I usually order from Mustangs Plus but they don't teach what the stuff actually does.. I have already learned a lot thanks to tarafied! Really love this community so far :thum

Bruno is over there closer than we are. Welcome to the site! Us former Cali guys will help all we can too.

I did my wife's 67 long time ago no. It was a rusty San Diego car.

Anyway, welcome, you will get some great feedback here....We are all one big happy family.

You will have loads of fun. is your car an early 67 or late?

What is wrong with your hood? I am looking for a turn signal hood. I also have a standard hood sitting in the shed.

Mel

"Dave2g" said:
Actually in Modesto lol. Most haven't heard of Modesto so I go with turlock area.

Haven't heard of Modesto? Heck, in recent years many of us have driven from the Bay Area for the American Graffiti weekend.

David,
How long will you be here in Calif? Just be careful to not plan too much work unless you can leave the car undone or in non op condition.

Looks like my car used to.....lol
Even has the license plates I NEED....LOL

Good luck with the build. Hopefully you can get it in the condition you want to take with you. I'd help out if I were closer.
Keep us informed on the progress!

"cmayna" said:
David,
How long will you be here in Calif? Just be careful to not plan too much work unless you can leave the car undone or in non op condition.

About 15 -20 days.

"blu67" said:
Looks like my car used to.....lol
Even has the license plates I NEED....LOL

Good luck with the build. Hopefully you can get it in the condition you want to take with you. I'd help out if I were closer.
Keep us informed on the progress!

Those were old plates before I bought the car.

"guruatbol" said:
Bruno is over there closer than we are. Welcome to the site! Us former Cali guys will help all we can too.

I did my wife's 67 long time ago no. It was a rusty San Diego car.

Anyway, welcome, you will get some great feedback here....We are all one big happy family.

You will have loads of fun. is your car an early 67 or late?

What is wrong with your hood? I am looking for a turn signal hood. I also have a standard hood sitting in the shed.

Mel
Not sure if it is early or late, would that make a difference? It is a turn signal hood. You can buy them at Mustangsplus.com but I don't know if they can ship to you.. It's in a really shitty shape

A stock TS hood in shitty shape is better than 90% of the repops.

There are small differences in early and late 67. The steering column for one. Mine is early and has the harpoon-a-matic style steering box.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
A stock TS hood in shitty shape is better than 90% of the repops.

There are small differences in early and late 67. The steering column for one. Mine is early and has the harpoon-a-matic style steering box.

Mel

Really? Why? and I'm not sure. Attached picture.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 23
The repops have fitment issues.

To see if you have the long shaft steering box, look under the hood and see if there is a rag joint from the steering box going in to the cabin. If not you have the long shaft. If so you have a late 67 with the short shaft.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
The repops have fitment issues.

To see if you have the long shaft steering box, look under the hood and see if there is a rag joint from the steering box going in to the cabin. If not you have the long shaft. If so you have a late 67 with the short shaft.

Mel
I can't right now, it is in California and I am in Germany right now

Back