• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My new exhaust is done

It took me about 4 hours to fab and install my new 3" exhaust. I used the Dynatech split flow mufflers. I did it all by myself. I will attach a sound clip as well. I once again used my expert video skills to capture the sound and once again you will experience the camera flying off the dash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAaE9f9mBhM

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice Mike. Did you install some hangers to support the rear of the pipes? There aren't any in the pictures.

Nice work, pretty dang funny when the camera flips over!

Damn Dave, you notice all little stuff don't you. I put temp hangers on since NAPA was closed at the time. I need to get or make something to hang off the seat belt bolts. I need to modify my tin man connectors to work. I may be able to hang the exhaust from them. Do you guys think the exits are too long?

I like the side pipes. Yours do look a bit long plus they look low to me. Here is the ones on my last '66. They are a bit hard to see but they are there.
100_9498.jpg

Do you guys think the exits are too long?

I think it's a matter of personal preference, but yes, to me they look too long... and too low.

I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to find a good picture of mine.....

In this picture you can see (barely)that the side pipe "hugs" the undercarriage a little tighter and exits parallel to the floor of the car. The end of the pipe extends maybe two inches past the rocker panel pinch weld. The driveshaft safety loop is visible under the center of the car and is the lowest point of the undercarriage.

018-4.jpg

002-12.jpg

Back