• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My new old truck

Yeah, apparently you have to convert over to 71-2 spindles using that year ball joints and there are companies that make 6 lug rotors to fit that. I priced it all out individually with 2.5 drop spindles and I was at $420 for everything. Drop spindles, ball joints, wheel bearings/seals, rotors, and loaded calipers. I forgot how cheap it is to work on a Chevy lol.

I know where the car is because I gave it to my old next door neighbor as payment for doing the bodywork on my Mustang. He fixed the Corvair up and his son now has the car in AZ.
I just bought a '66 Corvair over the winter. One of my old friends high school friends had a 65 Corsa model. It was one of the first 4 speed cars I drove. Fun little cars. He replaced the Corsa with a '65 El Camino which I bought from him in '88 and still have. Having classic cars is cool... but way better when you've got one that brings you back to the simpler times in your life.

There was a 67/68 C10 in Truckin' magazine many many years ago that I always liked... It was called "hammerhead" It had a narrowed fleetside bed with stepside fenders fitted to the bed. All black and lowered... If I remember right this was well before lowering was in style and well before manufacturers were "styling" stepsside bodys. Either way, late 60's Chevy shortbed truck look way cool... Congrats on getting it back and being able to continue it with your boys.

We also had a 65 Monza. I painted in my parent's garage when I was in 8th grade. I also learned to Autocross in a 66 Monza with the 4 carb 140hp and 4 speed. One event, there was a chicane just before the finish. I overdid it in the chicane, the car did a 180 n I just pushed in the clutch n went over the finish line backwards!

The guy who taught me how to drive that car also had a Corvair van that had a gasoline fired heater in it that could melt your sneakers. The best was he also had a 1969 AMX with a 390 (AMC version) - that car was a BEAST.

Yeah, apparently you have to convert over to 71-2 spindles using that year ball joints and there are companies that make 6 lug rotors to fit that. I priced it all out individually with 2.5 drop spindles and I was at $420 for everything. Drop spindles, ball joints, wheel bearings/seals, rotors, and loaded calipers. I forgot how cheap it is to work on a Chevy lol.
yeah! that is nice!!!

Got her running tonight. Took a new starter. She will only run off what I feed her in the bowl. Pulled the fees line to the mech pump and I think the diaphragm has busted or collapsed. Again stupid cheap chevy parts... 20 bux and I'll have new pump for her. Maybe she'll run on her own then. Fingers crossed.

Got it to sit and idle when I got home from work. A new pump did the trick. I had it running from a gas jug. Need to move it back to the tank and see what's up. Ran out of time before church.

It could use a tune-up. That's for sure.

I like old trucks as well. I have been wanting to build a 67-72 C10 and have even considered selling the Mustang to create garage space for it. Still may do it so if anyone is interested in a nice vert let me know. :)

I didn't see it anywhere, but I assume the pickup is a '67 Chev?
I was never fortunate enough for driving any old chevy truck.
All the GM trucks of that vintage (67-72) that we see in ND have their rocker panels rusted through.
Early this spring I went and looked at a '71 Blazer, I could put my hand through the quarter panel and touch the back seat on the driver side, the rest wasn't much better.

Luckily, for me, my first cars, along with many others, are still parked back at Dad's house.
Last Fall my wife told me to build a pole barn and start bringing them home, but I don't know if she was serious...

A pair of '66 Malibu 4drs, most days I wish I had one of these drive-able.
Like you said, cheap and easy to work on, I was not nice to these cars as a teenager... they have been off the road since 1999.
IMG_6908_zps32vswzq7.jpg

Blue (my first car)
283/powerglide
Green (multicolor -- first car I ever bought with my own money)
230/powerglide

Did tarafied1 say he liked the old Fords trucks?
One of my current projects; I picked it up at the end of August last year.

1975 F250 400/C4 Crew Cab 4x4 (It is on a '78 frame)
This was taken just after swapping in 2009 F250 rear leaf springs and a larger rear fuel tank early this Spring.
I still need to swap in the 2004 F250 front leaves to level it out.
I've got rust repair panels for the box and passenger corner cab, I'm just working up the courage to cut...
IMG_1042_zpsolpjho8r.jpg

We don't hate any brand, its just that Fords keep showing up...

Snapped a starter bolt off in the block. Yay.... now I need to find a 1/4 to 5/16 left hand drill but to get that dude out.

I was trying to get it to run off the tank... probably need to pull the tank and blow the lines out. I tried a filter before the pump but had no success before snapping the starter bolt.

Did tarafied1 say he liked the old Fords trucks?
One of my current projects; I picked it up at the end of August last year.

1975 F250 400/C4 Crew Cab 4x4 (It is on a '78 frame)
This was taken just after swapping in 2009 F250 rear leaf springs and a larger rear fuel tank early this Spring.
I still need to swap in the 2004 F250 front leaves to level it out.
I've got rust repair panels for the box and passenger corner cab, I'm just working up the courage to cut...
IMG_1042_zpsolpjho8r.jpg

We don't hate any brand, its just that Fords keep showing up...
yeah, I love that!!! I will trade you a 72 Cheyenne Super!
IMG_3656.jpg

Back